Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
BOWFISHER08
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty,Sonora,and Hardin
Default Lake fork

anyone got any helpful ideas or good spots to try on lake fork? Im open for any sujestions we will be staying down by the dam 1st cove on the south side of the dam with a boat ramp in it. any helpful hints or techniques for this time of the year woulf be highly appreciated thanks
BOWFISHER08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
dragonsdaddy
Ten Point

Hunt In: llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWFISHER08 View Post
anyone got any helpful ideas or good spots to try on lake fork? Im open for any sujestions we will be staying down by the dam 1st cove on the south side of the dam with a boat ramp in it. any helpful hints or techniques for this time of the year woulf be highly appreciated thanks
well, i know what isn't working. fished 10 hrs with mark stevenson friday, and we(3) landed 4 bass all day. he caught one about 10, and lost another giant, but we only had 4 other fish on. we fished chaney and found good grass along the south side. i'd look to throw red flake worms in the grass and the timber in 6-10 feet of water. another place to try is the shoreline west of the north end of the 154 bridge. good luck. we fished really hard. mark thought it would likely improve as the water temp comes down. i am going back next week and am going to focus on the areas where the bigguns were hooked.
dragonsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Not real familiar with the dam area,but I always had good luck near the 2946 bridge.In particular,Board Tree Creek...Axtons Bass City is right by it,and the have a couple of ramps.
The island by the bridge was always good for a few also,especially in the spring...If it cools off a little,I don't see why the island wouldn't be good all day.
I use 10" watermelon power worms,rigged texas style,Zoom trick worms rigged wacky style,and if they're not biting very good...Put on a 1/4 oz Roadrunner in any color with 6lb line,and get ready to catch every species o fish in that lake! Good luck guys!
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
BrianW
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Going Public..

Contact Rocky he is/was a guide on Fork and site sponsor,maybe he can lead you in the right direction..Good luck,oh how I miss fishing Fork...
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
JacobTyler
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

I was told deep diving crankbaits is where its at right now. I didnt have any so i cant so if they worked or not.
JacobTyler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Zeeter
Ten Point

Hunt In: ....down at the Neon Promise Land

Lots of fish shallow right now. If you are fishing the MC D's I would go for big unders and could pop an over shallow. Drop shot and shaky heads have been catching most of our fish. Tomatoe is the color but if they don't hit that pumpkin chartruese. Also lots of schooling fish under both 515 and 154 bridges bubba. A white fluke or weightless wacky worm in pumpkin chart will get you bit!
Zeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
BOWFISHER08
Ten Point

thanks for the feedback guys..
Old 09-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
BOWFISHER08
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
well, i know what isn't working. fished 10 hrs with mark stevenson friday, and we(3) landed 4 bass all day. he caught one about 10, and lost another giant, but we only had 4 other fish on. we fished chaney and found good grass along the south side. i'd look to throw red flake worms in the grass and the timber in 6-10 feet of water. another place to try is the shoreline west of the north end of the 154 bridge. good luck. we fished really hard. mark thought it would likely improve as the water temp comes down. i am going back next week and am going to focus on the areas where the bigguns were hooked.
IS that Big or Little chaney?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Caney...Not sure which one though...
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
Capt.Bryan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brady

Get a map and look for pond dams, ridges and points. Big bodied medium diving crankbaits, Carolina rigged worms and swimbaits. Shad colored on swim bait and crainkbait. Red shad on worms and Carolina rigs. Lilly pads can be great to. I have had good luck in the past in the next big cove to the west of where you are staying and the first cove northwest of the big bridge.
Capt.Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Lots of fat unders schooling on the big bridges. Didn't have any big bass on our lines this weekend though.

You deserve a medal to fight all the crazies out there this weekend!
Attached Images

Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
BOWFISHER08
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
Lots of fat unders schooling on the big bridges. Didn't have any big bass on our lines this weekend though.

You deserve a medal to fight all the crazies out there this weekend!
you just gotta be crazier then they are.. Ill go buck wild on some one if they wanna be an idiot on the water with me!!! im not at all a violent guy but don't come around acting stupid on the water with me . some of them guys last year just had no respect for other fishermen and they got a earful when they showed the lack of it around me ... those are some nice slabs you got there,,,,
Old 09-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NW Smith County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWFISHER08 View Post
you just gotta be crazier then they are.. Ill go buck wild on some one if they wanna be an idiot on the water with me!!! im not at all a violent guy but don't come around acting stupid on the water with me . some of them guys last year just had no respect for other fishermen and they got a earful when they showed the lack of it around me ... those are some nice slabs you got there,,,,
I can put you on Cats, but those other species I have yet to learn
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
Zeeter
Ten Point

Hunt In: ....down at the Neon Promise Land

There will be plenty of idiots out there this weekend bubba. One of the few weekends that the guides will be tucking tail and getting as far away from the lake as possible! Little boy is the point on the left going into little caney. First thing there are lots of unders feeding in the stick-ups bro. After 10am I would go to the bridges and stack up the unders on a fluke or wacky worm man!

Good luck
Zeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
BOWFISHER08
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeter View Post
There will be plenty of idiots out there this weekend bubba. One of the few weekends that the guides will be tucking tail and getting as far away from the lake as possible! Little boy is the point on the left going into little caney. First thing there are lots of unders feeding in the stick-ups bro. After 10am I would go to the bridges and stack up the unders on a fluke or wacky worm man!

Good luck
can you specify on how to get to these areas I have not been on fork much and all I have is the navionics on my I phone. maybe a pic of the map with a big red arrows or something .. thanks