Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Kirbyville?

Voted most popular out of all 4 of your cousins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had a foreign exchange student from Buna also!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
      We had a foreign exchange student from Buna also!
      LOL.

My cousin ran for Montgomery County county clerk this past year and lost.

Seemed like a lot of time spent fundraising to lose, IMO.

Comment

I served six years on a city council. Eventually made it to mayor pro tem. We did such a good job I ran unopposed. Either that or nobody wanted the thankless job. It was fun at first but got to be time consuming. Especially dealing with lawsuits from people that got fired.

I learned a lot about how two faced people can be. The same ones that wanted a person fired for not doing their job. Would show up in droves after it happened and say how could you fire a good christian man. That was enough for me. People just don't want government to run efficiently.

Comment

A family friend holds a local office. He was recently reelected so I guess he's fairly popular but I have seen dozens of people protesting him on the side of the highway. Not sure it's worth the hassle.

Comment

I was a County Commissioner for 4 years. Got out after 1 term. The process was easy in my small county
            Due to no advertising, minimal costs etc. If you run get someone you really trust to be your campaign manager/treasuerer so you can concentrate on smoosing with the voters.

Comment

Didnt Stan run for commish or something in madison or leon?

Comment

You are going to need to do some BBQ meet and greets around the county so them outsider folks can start getting to know you. Might change your FB name to Chew and then make one for official Bobby page or just delete it all lol.

Comment

Smart ran for homecoming queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Jeff, why you gotta get him rattled this morning

How did he do?

Comment

I have been told the county commissioners in our area make around 70k a year

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                        Someone ran for county commissioner or similar over near Lost Pines in 2017 or 2016.
                        That was me! It was a close race, losing by a small margin.

Running for office certainly had its headaches and challenges, but it was also very rewarding. I met so many great people, and it ultimately lead to other opportunities. I would encourage you to do it!

There are so many things I would have done different looking back now. If you do decide to run, you're welcome to give me a shout to pick my brain on campaign ideas and strategies. I was in a tough race, so I took no short cuts.

-Colton

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          and WON

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            That was me! It was a close race, losing by a small margin.

Running for office certainly had its headaches and challenges, but it was also very rewarding. I met so many great people, and it ultimately lead to other opportunities. I would encourage you to do it!

There are so many things I would have done different looking back now. If you do decide to run, you're welcome to give me a shout to pick my brain on campaign ideas and strategies. I was in a tough race, so I took no short cuts.

-Colton
                            I remember that now but didn't remember how it turned out.
                            Thanks for the offer.

Comment

I ran for Mayor some years back and won. Town of 50,000. I am self employed so it was work to balance between the position, my business, and my family.

Overall it was a good experience. I chose to only serve one term so that let me do what I thought needed to be done rather than about being re-elected. It paid $100 a month so it was not for the money - lol

Comment

I have been a district Judge in Harris County for 20 years, so I've run 6 times. I was defeated, along with every other county-wide republican last Tuesday. I'd be happy to visit with you and tell you everything I know about the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X