No announcement yet.

Strange buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he is the dominant buck, then yes he needs to be shot.
    He is a six pointer, for crying out loud.

Comment

I would wait.

Comment

Cull, Mature buck may be your new gene in the pool now if he dominates

Comment

I have a bunch of immature 8's between 2.5-4.5 that i'd rather do the breeding but then this guy shows up in June. So I'll let one fly on the 29th

Comment

He needs to go!

Comment

I don’t think he’s mature at all. I’d give him another year. If he doesn’t grow, take him then.

Comment

Let a kid knock him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Let a kid choot em
                  This^^^^^

Comment

No such thing as a free range cull. Let him mature and shoot him. Shooting him now just for the heck of it will have 0 effect on your deer herd.

Comment

maybe my wife will get him, my daughters a little too young yet

Comment

Big 6’s are cool when you find one big and shoot it. They are not cool when they are the dominant buck and breeding does.

Death.

Comment

I'd let him walk. Let him get some age on him. Worst case scenario, you have a big big 6 in a couple years, that has bred a couple does. I've been known to pass a 160+ hunting a big 6 though, so I might not be the best to ask.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 6pt and a 7pt very similar to him. Both deer will be on our cull list this year....... but not all management plans are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I let a couple 6 points get older to see what they might do.

This buck was a 6 at 3 years and disappeared until he was 6 years old.

This buck was a 7 point once and a 6 his last 2 years. He was 6-7 years old when I finally got him.

Comment

Sure, let him walk. I’m sure he’ll step into your shooting lane, broadside at 20 yards on his 6th birthday. I guess it’s a given that if you give them another year, they will always show back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X