Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Food Plot....Getting it ready to plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Got my last 2 plots planted today. All 6 done!

Plots I planted Thursday are already up
    That rain we caught yesterday should make all of us in good shape

Comment

All 3 of my plots are up but man it got dry. Called for heavy rain and I bet we didn't get 1/10 of an inch. Enough to knock the dust off and that's it. SAD!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        All 3 of my plots are up but man it got dry. Called for heavy rain and I bet we didn't get 1/10 of an inch. Enough to knock the dust off and that's it. SAD!
        Man, ain't neither one of us living right ! I had 1.5" but the damm hogs went over two of my plots with a fine toothed comb. I killed one of them this morning about daylight, but the other one got away. I dragged the plot again so I can see if they come back, but unless I set up there every night until it sprouts I don't know what I can do about it. I'm about ready to napalm these suckers !

Comment

Pretty pumped about the progress of my first Spring/summer plot on this place I've been on for 10+ years.

Planted on 4/20 with rain the following day followed by lots of sun and more good rain this past week. On 4/27 it was just barely emerging from the dirt around .5-1". Now its 3-5" and looking awesome. The grass was much taller than expected the day of planting so we didn't get it all knocked down. Wish I woulda mowed first.

I plan to hit it with Arrest Max (Clethodim) in the next couple of weeks to get rid of all the weeds that we didn't get with disk plus the new ones. Hoping it'll take off once there's no competition. No hogs messing with yet...fingers crossed!

Planted:
          WI Powerplant in half of plot and other half I used co-op I/C Peas, Soybeans, and Lab Lab. Fertilized with 18-46-0 and inoculated the co-op beans/peas.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mdnabors; 05-06-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Looks like I may have some Arrowleaf Clover coming back from previous fall planting too. Is that the census on this plant?
            Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]907191[/ATTACH]

Almost knee deep to a deer
              Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Deer feeding in it real good, looks life a lawn mower trimmed it .

Comment

[ATTACH]907193[/ATTACH]

Sand Plums coming in

Comment

Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Man, ain't neither one of us living right ! I had 1.5" but the damm hogs went over two of my plots with a fine toothed comb. I killed one of them this morning about daylight, but the other one got away. I dragged the plot again so I can see if they come back, but unless I set up there every night until it sprouts I don't know what I can do about it. I'm about ready to napalm these suckers !

I been sitting over my plots like a mother hen. I know the hogs will show, I found a couple wallers in one of my plots. I hate them bastages with a passion.

Comment

Radar your plots are looking awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Radar your plots are looking awesome!!
                          I agree! Very thick

Comment

Man those are coming up good
                            Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                              Looks like I may have some Arrowleaf Clover coming back from previous fall planting too. Is that the census on this plant?
                              Yep, looks like arrowleaf to me.

Radar your plots are looking great
                              Last edited by Mountaineer; 05-07-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                                I been sitting over my plots like a mother hen. I know the hogs will show, I found a couple wallers in one of my plots. I hate them bastages with a passion.
                                Me too. Hate the hogs I mean. Ain't had time to mother hen my plots. I planted another plot Monday, my last in Rusk Co., but was interrupted by a breakdown on my tractor. I have adjustable lift arms on my tractor, which haven't worked in years because of the way they're made. Tolerances are too close I guess and dirt and rust render them useless. The thing is, the adjustability makes them weaker than they would be if they were solid. Anyhow, I got to the end of my plot lifted the disc, (I thought) and started to turn. The tractor was not turning and I looked back to see my disc at a 45* angle, one side digging in the ground, the other side dang near eye level. The end of the arm was broken completely off ! Cut loose the disc, loaded up the tractor and took it to my friend's welding shop in Henderson where we decided that the best fix was just to sew it up like it should have been to start with.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X