Granbury Deer...full of Bucks & Does!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granbury Deer...full of Bucks & Does!

Just 5 minutes from our house....pasture full of deer...they could care less! Just one of the reasons I love living here....

The HUGE 10+ point was also milling around the does, but by the time I could get my camera up he had taken the high road. I counted 13 does, 6 bucks and you can see the town square Courthouse from this location.
    Attached Files

Dang Kuma looks like you need to find out who owns that little honey hole and knock on their door. That's pretty good for this time of year. Normally they are all spooked up about now.

Comment

Had 14 doe close by my home as I was coming home this afternoon. They set there a while and let me watch them. Probably 300 yards from my house through the woods

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        Dang Kuma looks like you need to find out who owns that little honey hole and knock on their door. That's pretty good for this time of year. Normally they are all spooked up about now.
        Hey QB,

Funny, for several years now I have passed this field on the way home, seen DPS, SO and many vehicles parked on the side of the road just watching. I know many won't believe me, but the big buck I commented on is a WALL hanger! As far as I can tell, there is no hunting in this area....dang Deer don't pay ANY attention unless it's someone like me who pulls over on the grass and starts glassing and taking pics. You can see the town square Courthouse top from where this is. Oh, still have a lunch waiting for you if we can ever figure out a time.....Happy New Year Brother......retirement ain't that bad, lol!!

Comment

Ok then, guess I'll have to detour through Granbury next time I go hunting and take you up on that free lunch. And I will. Happy New Year my friend.

Comment

Yep, no hunting that area. There have been some 200’s in the area.

Comment

I've stopped several times, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                Yep, no hunting that area. There have been some 200’s in the area.
                I hear ya', that 10+ pointer I have seen so many times will go that I would bet! I know, without a pic it ain't true?.....

Comment

That’s pretty cool

Comment

How big is that wheat field? Not much wheat around here looks that good

Comment

When its cold like this week they are in survival mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
                        How big is that wheat field? Not much wheat around here looks that good
                        About 10-15ac they planted late as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          I hear ya', that 10+ pointer I have seen so many times will go that I would bet! I know, without a pic it ain't true?.....
                          I've got a pic of the big non typical swimming the lake several years ago(I didn't take it) and another of a big typical with trash which is northeast of there. Just don't have the means to post them. Lone creek is a honey hole for sure

Comment

that wheat field is on the north side loop. Kuma is right, those deer are always out there grazing.

Comment

Lots of deer below around dam also.

Comment

Working...
                              X