Somerville WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somerville WMA

Went out this morning to throw up a trail cam. It is wet. Really wet in fact and I had to walk through water almost over my rubber boots for a hundred yards to get to my hunting spot.Anyway to anyone wanting to go scout be prepared.Hopefully the rain will stop for it to dry up some.The mosquitoes are going to be bad.

Hey wiki is the usually dry creek we cross to get to the open field full of water? Next time you go give me a holler. I want to set up my cam also.

Moe-dog

Comment

That creek is way out of it's bank.That creek and nails is really running.The lake is getting full.They now have the **** open so hopefully that will help.I do not look for the standing water to dry up for months even afterwards.I plan on maybe going back out there in a coulple weeks. I will give you shout .

Comment

I suppose the Yeagua is out of it's banks as well. There is some good spots back in there I have thought about trying, if I could get back there.

Comment

I drove on that side also and the yeagua is out as well.

Comment

I wonder if Red Hill is under water as well. Saw a big hog and lots of sign out there last year. Wiki give me a call when you go back out to Nails.

Comment

I was wondering how bad it actually was out there. Sounds like that Thermocell will definitely come in handy this year

Comment

I will be purchasing one myself.

Comment

Got mine already!!!

Comment

I was told they work really well.They will be put to the test for sure.

Comment

I used mine last year. Once I got settled into the stand, I clicked it on and I think I got buzzed for about 5-10 minutes, after that I was good to go.

Comment

Well I went out Sat. morning early and did a little looking around. Sure is grown up with all the rain.Looks like bumper crop of acorns for sure.Looks like I will stay in the same area I hunted last couple years.
                        Did anyone go do any scouting on Sunday?

Jeff looks like you called Monday evening.I will try and give you a shout the evening.

Comment

Did not get out Sunday, had a last minute Teal offer I couldn't pass up! I may try again Sunday, maybe you can email me and we can split up some of the map, I was also wondering about using my kayak to go down the creeks to scout some trails if they are that flooded what do you think?

Originally posted by WIKI View Post
                          Well I went out Sat. morning early and did a little looking around. Sure is grown up with all the rain.Looks like bumper crop of acorns for sure.Looks like I will stay in the same area I hunted last couple years.
                          Did anyone go do any scouting on Sunday?

Jeff looks like you called Monday evening.I will try and give you a shout the evening.

Comment

Is anyone going to hunt opening week?I was thinking about just hunting the mornings.I work nights.Let me know.Chris

Comment

How about a Sat. morning roll call. I am not sure yet. There are two guys I know are hunting out a nails at the second intrance if I go that will be three in same area. Looks like there has been plenty of scouting activity. Reflector pins are stuck everywhere. So I really expect to be a little crowded. Atleast for the first couple weeks anyway. After that I would expect it to be less and less as the season progresses. If I hunt I am going to do something diffrent. More than anything it will be just to say I hunted. So jut a reminder to be friendly and remember to use hunter etiquette.

Comment

Working...
                              X