Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bino harness for elk/muley hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
    That’s interesting? Post pics please

The new webbing buckles came from Badlands, and here’s where I am. I removed the harness, rigged up 2 new pieces of webbing through a connector on the Kuiu Icon shoulder straps, and have the bino case held on by the top 2. Getting the bottom 2 will be tricky.

I need to try this setup on my daily 2-miler, and on a more difficult hike to see if it bounces too much held only by the upper 2 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I lengthened the 2 new straps an inch, so the cross-chest strap goes thru the back pocket on the Badlands. Rock solid on my chest.

Comment

I have this and really like the multiple functions

The Rick Young Ultralight Binocular Harness weighs in at just 2.5 ounces! S&S Archery | Free Shipping. Expert Advice. VIP Customer Service.

Rick Young Ultralight Binocular Harness

Click image for larger version

Name:	5FEF92A7-4184-47B1-A358-21D8977D231E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	24538045

I like to use them in Side saddle mode

Comment

I really don't see a need for binos while elk hunting except when your bored sitting under a tree. I just keep mine in the pack. Small Leica 8x30. Range finder is way more important and mine has 8x zoom.

More weight isn't what you want.

Comment

If you find a wallow or good trail, I agree. If you’re hunting open mountain country looking for elk, they’re needed. It all ‘depends’.

Hunt hard, life’s too short!

Comment

Added weight and bulk of full size binos doesn't help your chances. Keep them in your pack. Unlike white tail hunting when your counting points big binos and harness while bow hunting elk are kinda useless. After 15 years I find myself packing less and less. I rather be super light than have gear on my back.

I always have a good quality bino with me especially at camp looking up at the mountain. I would see a need while rifle hunting. Elk are huge animals and you can spot them with the necked eye from miles and miles.

Boots, rangefinder and good quality camo are the most important gear. Everything else is weight your not going to use and wish you didn't have making that 2k ascent.

Comment

I love my KUIU. Had the S2 and the vortex both and didnt like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                  Added weight and bulk of full size binos doesn't help your chances. Keep them in your pack. Unlike white tail hunting when your counting points big binos and harness while bow hunting elk are kinda useless. After 15 years I find myself packing less and less. I rather be super light than have gear on my back.

I always have a good quality bino with me especially at camp looking up at the mountain. I would see a need while rifle hunting. Elk are huge animals and you can spot them with the necked eye from miles and miles.

Boots, rangefinder and good quality camo are the most important gear. Everything else is weight your not going to use and wish you didn't have making that 2k ascent.
                  I'll take binos over "good quality camo" everyday.

Comment

I just ordered the Marsupial Gear bino pack for my elk/ mulie hunt in Montana this fall.

Comment

I have an FHF that fits 10x42, that I don't use if some ones looking for one. I use a fanny pack is the only reason iam willing to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post

I've been carrying my binds in a harness elk hunting for past 20 years. Wouldn't even consider any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          I just ordered the Marsupial Gear bino pack for my elk/ mulie hunt in Montana this fall.
                          Ive been looking at this brand. I’ll be interested in what you think of it when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                          X