Heading to Africa next month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
    Good luck! Be sure to take plenty of LDP’s!
    Will do for sure!

Comment

Cool! Good luck and shoot straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Be prepared to shoot farther than they tell you. Most of my shots were 30-40 yards when I was hoping for 20-30.
        Never had that problem, but we mainly hunted water holes in Sept due to the dead grass and such that made stalking almost impossible. With that being said, I did kill my Nyala on a spot and stalk along the river at 20 yards, 2 Bushbucks at 42 and 51 yards along the river and a lioness at 42 yards, all on spot and stalk. Almost everything else was 25 yards and under at waterholes, but late April/early May hunt could be WAY different. Not sure exactly where you are gong, but I understand they are experiencing a monster drought in RSA.

I cannot wait until I get to return.

Good luck and looking forward to reports and LDP's!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Never had that problem, but we mainly hunted water holes in Sept due to the dead grass and such that made stalking almost impossible. With that being said, I did kill my Nyala on a spot and stalk along the river at 20 yards, 2 Bushbucks at 42 and 51 yards along the river and a lioness at 42 yards, all on spot and stalk. Almost everything else was 25 yards and under at waterholes, but late April/early May hunt could be WAY different. Not sure exactly where you are gong, but I understand they are experiencing a monster drought in RSA.

The PH said we will be hunting water holes plus I would like to spot and stalk something I have lots of LDP for you with your arrows you made me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

I know we will be somewhere in Limpopo

Comment

Awesome trip good luck! Add a bushbuck, not that much and pretty animal. Take a couple of the small ones as well they are cheap, steenbok and duiker.

Comment

Good luck! I envy you

Comment

Take at least twice as many arrows and broadheads as the number of animals you plan to take.

Emphasis on "at least".

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                    Take at least twice as many arrows and broadheads as the number of animals you plan to take.

Emphasis on "at least".
                    Yes taking a lot of arrows and broadheads.

Comment

17 more days until I leave for Africa!

Comment

Congrats! Bucket list for sure.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Good luck...looking forward to the pics.

Comment

Working...
                            X