This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keng View Post
    think of the endorsement deals this buck could have brought to some one who killed it legally. 20 or so years ago, a guy in ohio borrowed a shot gun from a buddy the night before season opener and killed a 180 or 190 something buck. Next thing you know, He is in camo and esturas call ads. I think I still have a can call with his picture.

I don't hunt for money or fame, but if some one wants to throw money my way, I'll catch it

Yep. That could have been a life changing deer. Oh wait.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
      Look in the mirror we all are guilty of things we are ashamed of most of us on here have broken game laws some way or another especially if you been hunting 40 year's or so. Most of the time not all the one's that scream the loudest are some of the people who do the same thing.
      Not wearing quite enough orange on your person or going 1 bird over your limit is quite a bit different than setting up game cameras, stands and feeders on a property you had no permission to be on. On top of that, you shoot the deer not once at night, but twice as I think I read it. To top it all off, you throw away the carcass so you can take awesome LDP’s, chop the head off for the taxi and KILLED A STATE RECORD BUCK.

Then he tried to get rid of the evidence by deleting memory cards and stated to the game warden he had another deer at he taxi or on his wall that he killed from the same property 2 years prior. Also told the game warden that “if this was a smaller deer, y’all woildnt be doing this.” Typical Criminal excuse maker who feels no guilt for his bad behavior. And if y’all think the man with the same name and date of birth who got busted one county over in 2004 for the SAME OFFENSE is not Travis, then I have some ocean front property in San Angelo to sell you. He’s shown a pattern of poaching behavior, unethical practices and lying.

Like has already been said, those people who defended him need to come on here, man up, and apologize like any respectable man would. Eat your crow and be done with it.

BTW, I have a copy of the arrest affidavit and the Game Warden did a dang good job of investigating this, that report is solid and detailed. Too bad he did it in Denton County, it’s a liberal DA, which is why he didn’t get any jail time, which he should have.
      Last edited by Daniel75; 01-26-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
        Look in the mirror we all are guilty of things we are ashamed of most of us on here have broken game laws some way or another especially if you been hunting 40 year's or so. Most of the time not all the one's that scream the loudest are some of the people who do the same thing.

I’ve never broken a game law...

Comment

I didn't say all. And what he did was wrong so wrong and we all have lied except cool hand and then it went down hill . U bet if could he wouldn't do it again. You can't hide big deer if they are around they have been seen on a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            I went to bat for Travis also.I assumed the charges were bogus.Obviously at the time he couldn't talk about it.Know what,I'd do it again.He F***** up..No doubt about it.I think mods,and owner of this site think he's been whooped on enough.There's lots of other deer hunting related social media sites that'll whip on him as long as you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            He deserves all he gets in criticism. I believe he should have gotten a stiffer sentence and had his hunting rights revoked for ALOT longer time. . He knew it was wrong & the number of laws he broke to get it proves it.

Comment

IMO, the person who commits the crimes are sorry, they are sorry they got caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know every time I got caught I was sorry.

Comment

That one time I got caught shooting too many dove I was sorry then

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Also told the game warden that [COLOR="Blue"
                    “if this was a smaller deer, y’all woildnt be doing this.”[/COLOR] Typical Criminal excuse maker who feels no guilt for his bad behavior. And if y’all think the man with the same name and date of birth who got busted one county over in 2004 for the SAME OFFENSE is not Travis, then I have some ocean front property in San Angelo to sell you. He’s shown a pattern of poaching behavior, unethical practices and lying.
                    This statement is likely accurate. However, if I was interrogating him I would have a something eating grin on my face before he finished the sentence. "Sir, and it is abundantly clear that you would not have committed X number of game violations if it was a (significantly) smaller deer, correct?"

The world is much smaller these days with the internet and social media. Some won't care, but I bet a substantial portion of folks who used his plumbing services are going to look elsewhere. Criminal actions have consequences.

Comment

**** that's a big ole buck.

Comment

So will the eventual outcome years later, after all this blows over just be.. a replica of this magnificent buck hanging on his wall? Bragging about it still being a state record even though he killed “East Texas Style”. And laughing about yeah it cost him 53k, but it’s on a payment plan, less than his jacked up pickup?? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          53k is a lot of restitution. I'm just wondering what they can do to enforce that since it's civil restitution. I don't know that there's anything criminally they could do to him for not paying it, and most people just don't have that kind of money. It'll be interesting to see if he will actually have to pay that much or not.
                          That’s chump change. Most folks here would spend that to get a couple
                          more years out of their dog

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            What does that have to do with anything?
                            Just that he's a heck of a committed deer hunter. Much more so than I am. Then again, I've never even dreamt of a buck like that. He may have encouraged me to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
                              So will the eventual outcome years later, after all this blows over just be.. a replica of this magnificent buck hanging on his wall? Bragging about it still being a state record even though he killed “East Texas Style”. And laughing about yeah it cost him 53k, but it’s on a payment plan, less than his jacked up pickup?? SMH

Don’t forget his deer is gonna have a permanent spot on the TGW Operation Game Thief hall of fame trailer on display at every big outdoors show.

Comment

Big horns have torn apart families and ruined people's lives for a long time. I dont know Travis but he made a huge mistake that he will have to live with for the rest of his life. We all can judge but the people that are affected by his actions that are innocent are the ones that I feel sorry for. His family and friends who stuck up for him only knowing what he told them are devastated and embarrassed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X