Tennis elbow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
    Go to your orthopedic guy and get a shot. Just got my 2nd one 3 weeks ago and still feel good. Now, if the tendon's are in really bad shape, the shots will only delay the surgery. How do I know, because I had a 3 shot series on the other elbow several years ago, then had to have it fixed.

This ^^^ and rest the elbow.

Comment

Best advice I have .....take a lacrosse ball and roll that tendon long ways (Fingers to elbow) two times a day. Been there have the tee shirt to where I couldn't even pick up a can. I self rehabilitated myself from that alone.

Comment

I had it from shooting rivets for years. Changed jobs and no problem for a very long time until about 4 years ago. I was using a t-post driver to drive an 8' copper rod into the ground to ground my electrical box at the house. Aggravated it bad. Wore the strap but got so bad that didn't work. Got the shot but didn't do much. Got to where I couldn't pull my bow back at lowest poundage. Everytime I would try it felt like I was ripping something. Ended up resting it and using crossbow to get through season. That season ended up being three seasons. Finally right after third season was over I could pull it back wirhout any pain. So I went hog hunting and shot 3 pigs in one night with my bow. I still try to take it easy and my bow is still set at 54#. Just shot a doe Monday night with it. But still worried ill do something to set me back again. Think ill just be happy I can still shoot it.

But like everyone else said... Rest it and don't over do it. Trust me. It was bad.

Comment

I got mine at CVS. I've had the shot and it really helps, but won't last longer than a month or two. Ice, band and ibuprofen.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1628.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	24514351

Comment

So what everyone is saying is I shouldn’t shoot 25-30 tines a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Luckily mine doesn't hurt when I draw my bow. The most painful thing I can do is shake someone's hand.

Comment

Stretch, exercise, ice! I would shoot minimum! I got it 2 years ago, and it still hasn't healed completely. Dr said ibuprofen and rest, but I can't just rest as long as they want me to. My animals would be mad if I didn't unload 50# bags of feed and square bales of hay.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Using a wrist strap truball fang. I hope maybe it’s a strain from drawing my bow back with my wrist turned and not straight. I shot hundreds of arrows last year and never an issue. Changed my form some a month ago and think that I’m drawing back different and didn’t realize it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  There you go.

You might also get one the put in the freezer type cold bags and ice each night. If that seems to work shoot a little more and work back to your normal routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Have fun. Just when it heals up you will get it in the other elbow.
                    I had in my right arm last year and left this year. Takes about 6-8 months to get right again. I have severely limited my shooting this year just trying to heal.

Comment

Hey man. I've gone through tennis elbow that was so bad I couldn't pick up a jar of peanut butter palm down without feeling like there was an ice pick being driven through that part of my arm. My primary recommended an Airrosti doctor. They do soft tissue work (imagine a highly targetes deep tissue massage being done on you by the hulk). It hurts real good. Two visits and I was good to go. Messed up and impinged my shoulder a year later. Fixed in 3 visits. Look into it.
                      I am in no way affiliated with the Airrosti brand or doctors. I am just a very satisfied patient. Good luck.
                      Btw, when I say fixed the elbow and shoulder I mean fixed. No wraps, ice, heat, etc.

Comment

Just healed up from it. Took me 8 months. The only thing I did was rest with little use and a lot of aleve. It's hard to rest the elbow but good luck.

Comment

If it doesn't heal soon and you have the coin, look into PRP (Platlet Rich Plasma) treatment. It is awesome and works on tennis elbow.

Comment

I just got my elbow drained. Bursitis the Dr called it

Comment

I did the same thing shooting my bow. One day at the chiropractor I told him about it.

He adjusted my elbow/forearm.

Not going to lie... it HURT.

Cleared up next day.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                                If it doesn't heal soon and you have the coin, look into PRP (Platlet Rich Plasma) treatment. It is awesome and works on tennis elbow.
                                Came here to post this. My brother had it done, full recovery when the shots and physical therapy were not fixing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X