Neighbors dogs running wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbors dogs running wild

So the people that live next door to one of my leases im having issues with. His dogs are all over our place chasing deer and hogs. Have several game camera pics of it in action. The other day they had something bayed about a 100 yards from the bow blind barking for 3 straight hours. Can i call a game warden about this or should i call the owner and just have a polite conversation. I could have shot these dogs several time but i dont want to open a can of worms.

What dogs?

Comment

Call GW

Comment

I would talk to the owner before I did anything else.

Comment

I’d have a polite conversation with them about it. Explain that, by law he needs to keep his dogs on his property. If they don’t seem to get the picture I’d tell them that in addition to hunting, you plan on trapping and snaring for coyotes on the property and it would be a **** shame if his dogs got caught in one of them.

Comment

Shoot them

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
              I’d have a polite conversation with them about it. Explain that, by law he needs to keep his dogs on his property. If they don’t seem to get the picture I’d tell them that in addition to hunting, you plan on trapping and snaring for coyotes on the property and it would be a **** shame if his dogs got caught in one of them.
              I agree it is a bad problem...

But what law?

Comment

Talk to your land owner as well as the dog owners. I would try to do all I could to give him the opportunity to keep his dogs locked up. If this fails, ask the landowner if you can buy a goat to keep as “livestock” on the place. The law is much more forgiving with livestock.

Comment

At worst you waste a little time talking to the guy, go over his head or shoot a dog and no telling what will happen next. Give him a chance to do the right thing id say

Comment

I agree it is a bad problem...

But what law?[/QUOTE]

I would argue it could be hunter harassment which is illegal. Especially after you asked them to keep them off your property. Also, many places have a law about keeping your dogs on a leash when they are off your property.

Even if it’s not against the law wherever he’s at, if you mention it a lot of folks won’t question it.

Comment

Talking about it is the first mistake...

Comment

I’ll never forget once Christmas morning sitting in a tripod before light I heard a faint sound of bells. It got closer and closer and I thought heck, I’ll shoot a reindeer. It was a Stt Bernard with bells around it’s neck. At the time it was kinda funny.

Comment

Sss.....no pics.....no posting.....What dog? Haven’t seen em.
                          Last edited by Beargrizzly90; 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            Talk to your land owner as well as the dog owners. I would try to do all I could to give him the opportunity to keep his dogs locked up. If this fails, ask the landowner if you can buy a goat to keep as “livestock” on the place. The law is much more forgiving with livestock.
                            I like the way you think!

Comment

I wouldn’t call the owner cause the second something happens to the dogs your the first to blame. Quietly take care of it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X