Moore plantation wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moore plantation wma

Did anyone get picked for the MOORE PLANTATION WMA hunt? Wanted to find out has anyone hunted the place for deer. This is a One White-tailed Deer; Antlerless Onlyhunt from Nov 03, 2018 – Jan 06, 2019. What kind of terrain ect.
    Thanks

That is not a drawn hunt. The permit is for a doe to be taken anytime after bow season.

Comment

Moores Plantation

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
      That is not a drawn hunt. The permit is for a doe to be taken anytime after bow season.
      I am well aware this is not a drawn hunt per se and that it is doe only. I don't think you read the question. I was wanting to know has anyone here been there and if so what do you know about the place as far a the terrain and hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by realtothebone View Post
        I am well aware this is not a drawn hunt per se and that it is doe only. I don't think you read the question. I was wanting to know has anyone here been there and if so what do you know about the place as far a the terrain and hunting.
        Used to hunt it with my uncle before he passed. He referred to it as 'God's Country' and that is what it is. Beautiful terrain with some nice campgrounds too.

Comment

Originally posted by realtothebone View Post
          I did read and re-read the question and it sounded like you thought it was a drawn hunt. It is not a drawn hunt "per se" or any other way. It is a walk in public hunting area that can be hunted by anyone with a public hunting permit at anytime. In fact is is accessible year round. It is also not "doe only". If anything it is buck only UNLESS you do apply for and get selected for a doe TAG. However you can hunt it at anytime without that tag, you just cant shoot a doe. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Comment

They need to do something different when it comes to this doe tag stuff. A person can shoot up to 5 does on private land during rifle season, but on public land its a different story. There can be private land adjacent to the public and the difference in the number of does to be by a shot can be by a linear difference of feet literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
              They need to do something different when it comes to this doe tag stuff. A person can shoot up to 5 does on private land during rifle season, but on public land its a different story. There can be private land adjacent to the public and the difference in the number of does to be by a shot can be by a linear difference of feet literally.
              They may have 5 doe tags but majority of counties are 2 doe and 2 buck limit. That helps prevent over harvesting in one area.

Comment

any turkey on this place?
                I put in for the epostcard hunt. we'll see if i get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  any turkey on this place?
                  I put in for the epostcard hunt. we'll see if i get drawn.
                  yes, there are turkey there.

Comment

Working...
                  X