Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice doe. Not seeing many of those.

Comment

if anyone knows about any leases available in the area for next year pm me please!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet Hunter View Post
        [ATTACH]747296[/ATTACH]
        Not what I was after. Had 11 bucks on their way in and these little bull dozers showed up. Blew all my dear out so I shot a boar and a sow.
        Nice one Jamie!

Comment

Originally posted by amcalister04 View Post
          5 minutes into opening morning.
          Awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet Hunter View Post
            Nice doe. Not seeing many of those.
            We are covered up in doe. The guys on our lease don't shoot them so my plan is to tag out. Then take the kids down during the extended season and let them smack a couple each.

Comment

I shot a nice 10 point with the Hoyt Sunday morning in Lometa. I would post pictures but I can't seem to figure out how. Bucks are all bachelored up and the doe are plentiful. I have not seen anything I would consider an old, mature buck on camera or in the field yet and I am trying to figure out if this is due to the fact that not many people let good, young deer go around the area or if they just get popped at a young age.

Any thoughts?

Comment

we have been Mld for eight years now and have plenty mature deer. where are you in Lometa? our ranch is off CR 2200

Comment

Little late but Dad took a nice 10 Saturday morning. We have a lot of good camera pics of bucks still in the area and one very large aoudad. Very few doe showing up at the feeders.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We're here 3 miles S of Evant. Just gun hunting this year, but we have a couple of BIG fat does coming to the feeder when it goes off at sunrise every morning. Going to have a bunch of venison sausage in the freezer this winter!
                    Last edited by Ruark; 10-06-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                      Little late but Dad took a nice 10 Saturday morning. We have a lot of good camera pics of bucks still in the area and one very large aoudad. Very few doe showing up at the feeders.
                      what part of Lampasas county are you in ??? Aoudad would be cool! I have seen a few Axis in the past and a blackbuck doe 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                        we have been Mld for eight years now and have plenty mature deer. where are you in Lometa? our ranch is off CR 2200
                        We are off CR 2600 so, not too far from you.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                          what part of Lampasas county are you in ??? Aoudad would be cool! I have seen a few Axis in the past and a blackbuck doe 6 years ago.
                          We are across the river from Colorado Bend. Been showing up the last couple seasons. Haven't seen any Axis yet. Really hoping to get a chance at one some day.
                          Last edited by HillCoBowHunter; 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

First bow buck

I was able to get my first bow buck on film using a GoPro. Here's a link to the video if you wanna check it out. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7a...FnbGF6ZVk/view

My camera skills need some work but, like I said, it was my first bow buck and I was pretty pumped haha

Comment

Finally figured out how to get pics on here.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great job man. Cool buck and you've got a nice setup there. Beautiful piece of property.

Comment

Working...
                                X