The Magic Pill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Magic Pill

Has anyone watched this documentary? Thoughts? I watched it last night and found it to be very interesting. I already knew a lot about keto and have been eating this way for about a year.

Netflix?

Comment

Netflix or Amazon video

Comment

Is it about Ketogenesis or Ketones? I have learned alot about Ketones and tried them, just too expensive

Comment

I thought it was really interesting. Pretty amazing the impact a ketogenic/natural diet has on the kids with autism. I’ve been looking more into to see if it’ll help with my asthma. What was most surprising to me was the abo people that are having such an issue with diabetes and obesity after they started having processed foods daily and high sugar drinks

Comment

Never heard of it. Ill watch it when i get the chance now though. You said something about Keto. When I was on a strict Keto diet I was in great shape. Eating nothing but fat/protein for 6 days and one cheat day with carbohydrates. Along with training, I was gaining goof muscle and leaning out.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
              Never heard of it. Ill watch it when i get the chance now though. You said something about Keto. When I was on a strict Keto diet I was in great shape. Eating nothing but fat/protein for 6 days and one cheat day with carbohydrates. Along with training, I was gaining goof muscle and leaning out.
              So how are you doing now with all that goof muscle?

Sorry! Couldn't resist.

Comment

I looked it up on Amazon prime video and lots of documentaries popped up. I will check it out when I have time.

Comment

I had to rent it on amazon prime video for .99 cents

Comment

I started it yesterday but the house got loud and I paused it. I was only about 20 mins in. Will try to finish tonight. Seems very interesting thus far.

Comment

Hmmm. I thought this was about a blue pill made by Pfizer

Comment

It is not for everyone. Blood types, family history, etc play a part in what you need or your body needs. It may work great for some. I loose too much muscle mass. I like carrying about 260#. It had me around 240# and my bf% was almost identical

Comment

I liked how they were going after that doctor and his license but voted to let him keep it

Comment

Just finished it, pretty awesome to see the kids with autism at the end, of course I’m skeptical of these things, but you never know. I may look into more. Thanks for the tip

Comment

I wish there was a good way to understand all of this data for all of these diets. I have been battling high cholesterol and type two diabetes for several years now. I have spoken to my doctor and he says that if i go on a high protein diet that my labs will be the best they have ever been. Then i read/watch/research a high plant base diet, i think it is another way to say you are a vegetarian, and they have very good information there also.

I am totally lost on which one, there is also the thought that you should just eat a balanced meal but if you do enough research the Pyramid that many of us grew up with is not really for "normal" people. It was designed for the military and people went with "if it is good for the military it must be good for regular people too". That is what i have read i'm not 100% sure of that either.

So many people saying totally different things.

Comment

Working...
                              X