Cutco knifes any thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutco knifes any thoughts

I am hard on hunting knife blades and don't enjoy sharpening them, so I am looking at a cutco full serrated blade it is expensive so I thought I would ask if the GS has any experience/thought with the knifes
    Thanks
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-22-2018, 07:22 PM.

We need a new set. The wife wants cutco. I hear they are expensive

Comment

I have 2 kitchen sets and they are great. Also have the hunting and fishing knife too. Quality piece of gear for sure. Lifetime warranty for sharpening. Just send the back and they will sharpen all of them at no charge.

Comment

I have the kitchen set, the hunting knife, and the fishing knife as well. They’ve been great knives. And you just can’t beat there warranty.

Comment

Expensive but worth it!

Comment

Cheap steel. Overpriced. Serrated knives are not good for kitchen knives.

If you are hard on knives I would just buy a cheap set and then buy another when they mess up.

That being said, if you buy 1 decent butcher knife, you'll be amazed at the ease of cutting food. Theres no real way to be hard on them, short of cutting on a hard surface or throwing them in the sink/dishwasher.

Edit: didnt see the hunting knife part. Still cheap steel
            Last edited by JustinJ; 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Why don't you try a Havalon? They have disposable blades.

Comment

LOL wow don't know how I didnt see the hunting part.

Use a havalon. MUCH better than using a serrated knife to clean a deer. Serrated knife will get hair all over the meat, will make too many tiny slices when quartering, and will make it more difficult to skin.

Comment

We hav a set. Great warranty...

Comment

I watched a guy butcher a 225lb boar (don't ask me why) with a serrated cutco hunting knife. Dang knife cut that hog hide like a scalpel. It was impressive.

Comment

Can’t help you on their serrated but all their other knives I have been very impressed with so far.

Comment

Ive skinned a crap ton of animals with mine. both the serrated and regular. They have served me very well and I love them. lifetime warranty and sharpening.

We also have a large kitchen set. Love them too.

Comment

Cutco 5718 KP hunting knife with orange handle and straight edge (not serrated) is my current favorite deer cleaning knife.

Comment

A simple space can make all the difference.

Comment

As has been said, they are expensive, but worth it. I’ve got a couple of the hunting knives and a couple fishing knives. Wife uses them in the kitchen as well. I pick them up for very little at thrift stores, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X