Looking for a new lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new lens

Like the title says, I'm looking for a new lens. I shoot Canon, and ideally would like some L quality glass.

Interested in:
    Canon 100-400L IS II
    Canon 24-105L
    Possibly one of the Sigma or Tamron 150-600mm lens variants

Anybody got anything that doesn't get used very much they'd like to part with?

I’m not a canon guy but that 24-105 is supposed to be a top dollar lens. Worth the price tag is my understanding.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      I’m not a canon guy but that 24-105 is supposed to be a top dollar lens. Worth the price tag is my understanding.

Sierracharlie out…
      I wish Canon would make something along the lines of a 35-100mm f/2.8L for portrait work. We have both the 24-70 and 70-200 flavors, but it seems like the overlap is would be nice and eliminate lens changes. I usually want a shallower DOF than an f/4 will allow. But they never ask my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
        I wish Canon would make something along the lines of a 35-100mm f/2.8L for portrait work. We have both the 24-70 and 70-200 flavors, but it seems like the overlap is would be nice and eliminate lens changes. I usually want a shallower DOF than an f/4 will allow. But they never ask my opinion!
        I hate it when that happens! Happens to me all the time haha. And a 35-100 f/2.8 would be NASTY!!!! Id pay that money fo sho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
          Is your camera FF or crop sensor? Have you considered the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 art?

Comment

OP, I've got a Sigma 120-400 OS HSM that I'd part with at a pretty fair price.

I also have a 70-200 f4L (non IS) that I'd let go too, and a Sigma wide angle.

In other words, I've got a whole setup that I'm selling, including camera.
            Last edited by quackadikt; 12-06-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post

Curious about the Sigma wide angle. I think I'll pass on the other two options.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                Curious about the Sigma wide angle. I think I'll pass on the other two options.
                I'll get the specs and a picture of it tonight and PM it to you.

Comment

Could you send me some info as well?

Comment

I might just post a thread in this forum with prices and info(is that allowed, or does it need to be in the classifieds?)

Comment

You can rent from camera stores to help you decide. I just bought the 100-200 L and my new favorite is the 24-70, 2.8 L
                      It’s awesome for indoor sports

Comment

I might just post a thread in this forum with prices and info(is that allowed, or does it need to be in the classifieds?)
                        I'd post it here since it will likely be a niche market. If the admins need to move it, they will.

Comment

Welp... I pulled the trigger on a Sigma 150-600mm Sports Lens to use with my 7D MkII. Should get it next Wednesday or Thursday, so I'll try to get some pics up soon with it!

So if anyone is looking for a Canon 100-400L IS, I've got one that might be hitting the market soon.
                          Last edited by ATX Tyler; 12-08-2017, 10:32 AM. Reason: Adding text.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                            X