• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      Beware where you purchase your new sod. A lot of st. Augustine grasses coming out of winter dormancy stage have tons of grassy weed seed waiting to explode.
      Where is the best place to get St Augustine around San Antonio/Boerne area?

Comment

Is pre-emergent only for early spring & fall application???

Comment

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
          Here you go...

I am going to try this out this year and see if it makes a difference.

Put out two bags of barricade premergence today

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
            Is pre-emergent only for early spring & fall application???
            Typically

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
              I am going to try this out this year and see if it makes a difference.

Put out two bags of barricade premergence today

Did mine yesterday and was laughing at the “pre” aspect as I was dumping it on tons of weeds.
              Anyway, I’m gonna follow the Randy Lemmon schedule. My twenty something neighbor did that last year as a first year homeowner and his yard bested mine[emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                Did mine yesterday and was laughing at the “pre” aspect as I was dumping it on tons of weeds.
                Anyway, I’m gonna follow the Randy Lemmon schedule. My twenty something neighbor did that last year as a first year homeowner and his yard bested mine[emoji849]

Haha, same here. I already had some weeds but I’m going to follow the schedule to a t and see what happens. Our local ACE carries all the products so it will be convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by BtheBuck View Post
                  For you guys that like to take of your yard, what are you doing this time of year? I want to get started earlier then normal.

I have a good yard, but it struggles at the beginning of Spring, and takes some time for the St. Augustine to really take over. I usually have a large circle that is dead but by April/May it fills in as the grass spreads.
                  I pay a professional to treat my yard. When I did the math for how much it would cost me to treat my 1 acre as needed, I discovered that this guy could do it for only about $10-$20 more per application than it would cost me. For that price, I was able to justify the cost of paying someone to treat it. This way, I don't even have to find time to do it. I just pay the bill when it gets stuck to my garage door.

Comment

I'm going to roundup mine this weekend.

Comment

I usually do the scotts weed and feed in the spring but last year it didn’t seem to do as well.

Comment

I'm peein on a certain part next to the porch a couple times a night..

Comment

I’m with Dale. It seems to do ok on recycled beer...

Comment

I put barricade down on all my "dormant grass" that was mostly green weeds. I freaking hate weeds... But they apparently love me.... They won't go away.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              I'm going to roundup mine this weekend.
                              What is the type of f Round Up you use and what is the concentrate?

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                                What is the type of f Round Up you use and what is the concentrate?
                                I'm thinking of using straight concentrate, would hate to add water and give the grass a chance to win

Comment

Working...
                                X