how well do you hunt - stat survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private land apprx. 32 acres low fence.

Q1. As many as possible, typically around 15 sits, give or take.

Q2: No, about 4 or 5

Q3: Depends on location

Q4: 1,1,1

Q5: Meat, the challenge and I enjoy being in nature (until pigs show up, then I just wnat to shoot them all)

Comment

Private Low Fenced
      1-18 days or 36 sits
      2-0 sits where I don't see Deer
      3-Air
      4-Lots of Opportunities, almost daily but harvested 2 deer, a buck and doe.
      5-Meat and the quiet time in the woods.

Comment

In 2016...
        Private low fence small acreage
        36 sits
        Saw deer 100%, got skunked one sit THIS yr tho already w the harvest moon.
        Tree w bow, elevated box w gun
        Shot opportunity every sit
        Bow 1 shot 1 spike harvested, gun 1 shot 1 buck harvested
        Hunt for all listed reasons but mostly time away from the city.

Comment

I'm assuming this is strictly bow. If not add 3 doe kills with rifle.

1) 30-40 days Private low fence
          2) 99% yes. No days skunked last year, This year I have already had 1
          3) Ground
          4) A bunch of opportunities. Drew back 4 times, shot 3 times, killed 3 bucks with by bow.
          5) Chase, Time with friends away from work, Trophy, meat....... in that order

Comment

Low fence lease. Texas Hill Country strictly bow hunting.
            Q1: How many days a year do you typically go deer hunting (or hours if you know)?
            Normal year 20-25. This year probably closer to 10. Building a new house is slowing me down,
            Q2: Do you see deer every time out hunting? How many zero deer days do you have each year?
            Normally see 10-15 deer a sit. Maybe 1 sit a year with zero deer.

Q3: Do you hunt on the ground or in the air?
            Air. Normally tripods.

Q4: How many deer did you have a shot opportunity on in 2016? how many shots did you take? how many deer harvested?
            I have an opportunity almost every sit. If memory serves I released 4 arrows. Killed 4 deer.

Q5: Do you hunt for the meat, the chase, the time in nature, other reason, or all?
            I guess all in that I shot does for meat. I normally pick out a buck or two to chase. I love nature and my time away from the office.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
              I'm doing some research and would like to put some data together for the TBH crowd.

Please specify if you hunt Private, Leased, High Fence, or Public land:

Q1: How many days a year do you typically go deer hunting (or hours if you know)?

Q2: Do you see deer every time out hunting? How many zero deer days do you have each year?

Q4: How many deer did you have a shot opportunity on in 2016? how many shots did you take? how many deer harvested?

Q5: Do you hunt for the meat, the chase, the time in nature, other reason, or all?

my answer:
              I hunt public land 100% of my time in the woods.
              Q1. 12 days
              Q2. No. 7 zero deer days
              Q3. Typically the ground
              Q4. 3, 1, 1 (the other 2 times I was busted as I drew back)
              Q5. I love the time in the woods, the challenge of the hunt and for the meat.
              Q1.12- 14 days
              Q2.Maybe 2. But rarely see anything worth shooting
              Q3. Majority from the ground. Maybe a couple of days in my tripod. I prefer the tripod but weather dictates that( wind direction)
              Q4. Could have shot deer almost every sit. BUT only SAW three deer all season worth shooting ( 2 doe and 1 big spike). Shot 1 doe because the other 2 never came in range.
              Q5. All of it. I hunt for the meat but the time outdoors is good for my soul and blood pressure.

Comment

I'm new to TBH and this is a good intro thread.

I hunt a low fence lease most of the time, but also some private, and this is my first season on public land and first year with a bow! Crossbows don't count [emoji6]

Q1. About 10 to 15 days per year

Q2. Don't see deer every time, but only a few no deer days

Q3. box blind, ground blind, tripod

Q4. 1, 0, 0 with x-bow (4, 1, 1 gun)

Q5. All the above, the entire experience is rewarding and I am really looking forward to hunting with a compound bow

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, and did not have a zero day last season

50/50 on ground and air

Many shot opportunities, 4 arrows released and 4 deer killed

I hunt for the challenge and the time spent in the outdoors with friends and family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll post my 2017 stats now that I'm done for the season:

Public land
                    7 sits
                    3 of the sits were zero deer.
                    Ground only
                    Released 3 arrows, killed 2 (arrow deflected off my blind window)

Comment

how well do you hunt - stat survey

I'm doing some research and would like to put some data together for the TBH crowd.

Public land bow only unless I get drawn which I haven’t in years

1. 20-30 days

2. 5-6 zero deer days. Working on another today. Got 30 minutes left. Edit. Just had a young buck and yearling show

3. 70% ground 30% tripod

4. Probably 20 opportunities but mostly too young. Took 2 shots. Harvest 1

5. All
                      Last edited by Mjjust; 10-17-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

my answer:
                        I hunt public land 100% of my time in the woods.
                        Q1. 12 days
                        Q2. No. 7 zero deer days
                        Q3. Typically the ground
                        Q4. 3, 1, 1 (the other 2 times I was busted as I drew back)
                        Q5. I love the time in the woods, the challenge of the hunt and for the meat.
                        I hunt my in laws 70 acres 40 min from the house.

Q1: roughly around 30-40 days in 2016, every Wednesday from October to jan, and every other weekend for the most part
                        Q2: I saw 5 deer last year, 3 in one day. So out of 35ish days I saw deer 3 days. It was weird circumstances, first year- got kicked off lease 10 days before season due to change of owners. Set up feeder late and it was so green just couldn’t get anything to come around.
                        Q3:in the air
                        Q4:0,0,0 (here, got to go to FIL friends place for a hunt across the highway and saw about 30 deer and harvested a buck.)
                        Q5: I have young kids and it’s my time to myself, time with God, peace. Also love the meat and sincerely love the chase.

This year however numbers will be very different- have been feeding all year and have deer regularly and harvested my first deer on the family place, a buck, there last Wednesday.
                        Last edited by em12; 10-17-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Congrats am! On your first buck! I got my first and second buck with bow this season.

Comment

Public
                            7 to 18
                            No maybe half of the time. Seeing deer at 200 yrds plus I count as no sees with bow.
                            Ground 90%
                            4 took 2 1 harvest 1 clean miss dropped about two feet under arrow at 35 yrds
                            meat and challenge Bucks or Does doesn't really matter

Comment

Congrats am! On your first buck! I got my first and second buck with bow this season.
                              Thank you sir but I misspoke- I meant my first deer on the family place..... I sincerely appreciate the good cheers though sir- thank you.

Comment

Please specify if you hunt Private, Leased, High Fence, or Public land:Private land for deer.

Q1: How many days a year do you typically go deer hunting (or hours if you know)? No idea, but not enough!

Q2: Do you see deer every time out hunting? How many zero deer days do you have each year? I hunt deer in Texas and Wisconsin. In Texas 6-20 deer every time. In Wisconsin typically see 0-3, 6 is the most I have ever seen up there in one sitting

Q3: Do you hunt on the ground or in the air? On the ground in Texas, tree stands in Wisconsin

Q4: How many deer did you have a shot opportunity on in 2016? how many shots did you take? how many deer harvested? Shot a buck in Wisconsin,
                                recovered. Shot a buck in Texas. Wounded him, he came back to the feeder 2 days later. Have him on camera this year. Also shot an elk in NM in 2106

Q5: Do you hunt for the meat, the chase, the time in nature, other reason, or all? Meat, chase, antlers and adventure. Also spending time with family and friends

Comment

Working...
                                X