Your favorite single pin sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scjeeptx View Post
    What is the dial in process for the MBG? I know with the HHA you sight in at 20 and 60, then just use the marks on the tapes. HHA owners- is this accurate from your experience?
    The MBG has tapes according to your arrow speed, so you've gotta chrono your arrow or do the math and get a rough estimate. They tell you to verify before hunting because it could be that (for example) your bow shoots your arrow at 287 fps but the tape for 287 fps is slightly off and you really need the 292 fps tape. That's how it works though, based on your arrow speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
      The MBG has tapes according to your arrow speed, so you've gotta chrono your arrow or do the math and get a rough estimate. They tell you to verify before hunting because it could be that (for example) your bow shoots your arrow at 287 fps but the tape for 287 fps is slightly off and you really need the 292 fps tape. That's how it works though, based on your arrow speed.

You can zero 20 yards, and then 60 yards on a piece of tape like mine has on it. Then match the 20 and 60 yard marks on the calibrated tape. That was the easiest for me anyway. I just ended up going back to plain tape and putting my own marks on like we've done for years tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        You can zero 20 yards, and then 60 yards on a piece of tape like mine has on it. Then match the 20 and 60 yard marks on the calibrated tape. That was the easiest for me anyway. I just ended up going back to plain tape and putting my own marks on like we've done for years tho.
        I noticed that you did that in the pic above. I never used the tapes either on my 3 pin slider.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
          I noticed that you did that in the pic above. I never used the tapes either on my 3 pin slider.

I think it just because it's what I'm used to. I started shooting single pin sliders in 1995 and only one bow have I ever used the calibrated tapes on.

Comment

Working...
          X