Tbot questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbot questions

So I'm planning on making some tbot shoots this year for the first time. I have a few questions that I figured I'd ask here. Can I shoot two separate rounds in two separate classes on the same day? I can usually only make one day and would like to shoot longbow wood and recurve wood. Can I register at a shoot or do I need to pre-register? Does anyone around Fort Worth want to carpool to some of these? I live in Weatherford and wouldn't mind meeting some folks or having someone to bs with on the way. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Unless they've changed it.

Yes, you can shoot two separate classes / rounds on the same day. You just have to make all of your competition rounds the first rounds you shoot.

You can register at the shoot.

As far as the carpooling, I can't help ya.

If you for any reason decide to stay over night, you better find a place, and reserve it NOW.
    The Foxfire cabins near the shoot are already all booked up for that weekend for all their cabins except for one of the $150 a night ones.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
      So I'm planning on making some tbot shoots this year for the first time. I have a few questions that I figured I'd ask here. Can I shoot two separate rounds in two separate classes on the same day? I can usually only make one day and would like to shoot longbow wood and recurve wood. Can I register at a shoot or do I need to pre-register? Does anyone around Fort Worth want to carpool to some of these? I live in Weatherford and wouldn't mind meeting some folks or having someone to bs with on the way. I'm sure I'll think of more.

You can shoot as many rounds as you can get in in a day.

You can register at the shoot.

I can't help you with the carpooling thing either!

If you are in Weatherford, you should also consider the Cowtown Winter Traditional shoot at the Cowtown Bowmen range in FTW. While it is not a TBoT shoot, it is a great shoot at a great range!!!

And the cabins Rick mentioned would be for the Hill Country Shootout in Vanderpool. If you make that shoot (one of the top 3 in the state) and you do not plan to camp out at the shoot, you need to make reservations for a place to stay well in advance.

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 01-09-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I was trad director for a year or two at cowtown they have good shoots for sure. I am a member now at tsla and make that shoot as well. I'm thinking of doing Paris, Denton and Chester this year if I stay the night I'll sleep in my Subaru or tent. Are there any more I shouldn't miss?

Comment

TSLC (FTW), Hill Country Shootout (Vanderpool), Stickbow Roundup (Chester) - Those are top 3 in the state (in no particular order). The Winter Trad, and Recurve Championship at Cowtown are also great shoots. Most of the other TBoT shoots are smaller, but very fun, as they are all trad venues.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
            Are there any more I shouldn't miss?
            David, I don't know if you have ever shot at Abilene or not, but if not & they have a TBoT shoot, you'll be doing yourself a favor to shoot there.

There's not another course in the state quite like it.

They had a TBoT shoot last year, but I don't know about this year.

Rick

Comment

Visit the TBoT website lots of info there

Comment

Lodges at Lost Maples still has cabins open, Piece of Heaven still has openings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I apologize.
                  I should have made it clear I was talking about the Hill Country shoot on the cabins.
                  The Foxfire cabins are very close to the shoot location this year.

Speaking of shoot location, I have two questions:
                  (1) Why not at Bugscuffle this year?
                  (2) What do you know about the new location?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                    Yeah, I apologize.
                    I should have made it clear I was talking about the Hill Country shoot on the cabins.
                    The Foxfire cabins are very close to the shoot location this year.

Speaking of shoot location, I have two questions:
                    (1) Why not at Bugscuffle this year?
                    (2) What do you know about the new location?

Rick
                    (1) All good things come to an end!!!!
                    (2) Nothing, except if the powers that be with TBoT OK'd it, then I'm sure it will be just fine!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Just got my reservations for lost maples sna for vanderpool. Not many left

Comment

There will be openings at the Lost Maples country store rv park, special pricing for folks attending the shoot. Full hook ups and 50amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X