Fence board entertainment center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fence board entertainment center

Worked on this last night and today. So far probably have 5-6 man hours in. I work slow cause I really don't know what I'm doing...lol
    Got a buddy who came over and helped me frame it up and talked me through the next few steps. This is phase one, phase two will be to hang the tv on the wall and build bookshelves on either side of it.

Will update over the next few hours as I get work done.

Got almost half of the bottom decked before having to stop to get ready for church...hopefully I get more done tomorrow than I did today

Comment

Looking good so far! Keep at it and keep posting progress. I didn't know what I was doing and managed to scrape this together from old fence for my station.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-01 10.17.01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	24316877

Name:	2014-05-01 11.12.21.jpg
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	24316878

Comment

Are you doing doors on the bottom face so you have storage underneath?

Comment

Following, I am always making stuff out of fence wood. Almost everything in my store is made that way

Comment

If you look directly under the tv that is center. One compartment on either side of that will be open(maybe 2, haven't decided). The first two compartment s on either side will have shelves. The two outer on each side will have doors but no shelves at this point per request of my wife.....one I will probably have to leave open or use black fabric for a sub

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
              Looking good so far! Keep at it and keep posting progress. I didn't know what I was doing and managed to scrape this together from old fence for my station.
              [ATTACH]635201[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]635202[/ATTACH]
              Those old fire extinguishers are awesome. Nice touch.

Comment

All decking is FINALLY done....now to do the back and start trimming in the morning!!

Comment

Any updates to this?

Comment

Looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Name:	IMAG0090.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24322876

Been very slow progress. Went out of town for a week after starting and football season started when I got back. Had to go backwords today. Had to pull off vertical facing that I had put on because I didn't think to face the sides of the 2x4's first. So pull them and added side facing first. Will be a slow project but hoppefully finish before hunting season

Comment

Got a little work done tonight. Got the sides of the 2x4's covered and vertical facing put back on....still need to do the horizontal sections on the shelfs.

Name:	IMAG0093_BURST002.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	24323091

Got the bottom of the shelf done on the left hand side. Will build another identical piece for the top and then connect them with vertical fence boards on three sides.

Then shelves

Name:	IMAG0094_BURST002.jpg
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	24323092

Slow but steady.

Comment

Alright! Glad to see an update! Sometimes our "projects" take a lot longer than planed. Its looking good!

Comment

That's really neat. My husband (Rifle) makes lots of things out of fence board. I love the silver-gray texture. We have a china cabinet with ash plywood and framed and shelved with fence board, and we have a corner curio cabinet, two bathroom vanity cabinets he built into the wall, bookshelves, and our living room has a fenceboard wainescoat around the entire room. Soon we will be doing the same with the dining room to match it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                              That's really neat. My husband (Rifle) makes lots of things out of fence board. I love the silver-gray texture. We have a china cabinet with ash plywood and framed and shelved with fence board, and we have a corner curio cabinet, two bathroom vanity cabinets he built into the wall, bookshelves, and our living room has a fenceboard wainescoat around the entire room. Soon we will be doing the same with the dining room to match it.
                              I think you need to put up some pics!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X