Do You Change Feeder Times???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm always jacking with mine.

I dont have any scientific/ocd explanations like Smart. Just tinkering is all in relation to daylight/dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      I'm always jacking with mine.

I dont have any scientific/ocd explanations like Smart. Just tinkering is all in relation to daylight/dark.
      This.... I must have changed my morning throws 5 minutes here and there 20 times this season...

Comment

I do during season but not in off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's a heck of a right up on such a simple question

Comment

I change the clocks when the time changes, both spring and fall. I also change my feed times most every time I fill feeders. I keep the morning feed time about 20 minutes before actual sunrise, and the evening feed about an hour before actual sunset.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My cheap photocell feeder never needs the time changed.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                I adjust for sunup and sundown, as days get shorter, but I leave the timer on DST, just remembering that it is an hour off in the winter.
                This is what we do. Don't mess with changing from DST and probably only adjust the times maybe 3 times or so for sun up/down as the days do get shorter through the fall. With that said, we only sling corn for about 6 months.

Comment

I do as most others, 15 minutes before sunrise, 1 hour before sunset, adjust for daylight savings time, but I also add a feed for the turkeys at noon this time of the year until after turkey season is over.

Comment

I might adjust them a little due to changes in day length, but daylight savings time is not something you have to worry about unless the clock on your feeder adjusts automatically. When you set them to throw based on sunrise and sunset times, leave your clock alone on the feeder- sunrise and sunset is God made- clock time is man made. Right now I only throw once a day- set to throw in the mornings to keep deer coming during the day. If I want to feed pigs I will throw it on the ground when I want to go hunt them.

Comment

Mine are set for 7:30 am and 3:30 pm during bowseason. Never change anything including time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
                        That's a heck of a right up on such a simple question

or write up....tell Curt we said hello..
                        Last edited by Smart; 02-06-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                          I might adjust them a little due to changes in day length, but daylight savings time is not something you have to worry about unless the clock on your feeder adjusts automatically. When you set them to throw based on sunrise and sunset times, leave your clock alone on the feeder- sunrise and sunset is God made- clock time is man made. Right now I only throw once a day- set to throw in the mornings to keep deer coming during the day. If I want to feed pigs I will throw it on the ground when I want to go hunt them.

Folks change the DST times so that our timers are on the same times as our phones or watches to make changing multiple timers less confusing. We aren't doing it because we think the deer or mother nature change their clocks too. The sunrise sunset tables on my app change so it makes it easier without having to say "oh yeah we are an hour back right now...I need to make sure and account for that" ...or "are we are good right now on the time or are we an hour forward back now." With your times synced up with your phone, it makes for an easy mistake free switch by looking at your sunrise sunset app for the right times. Being 5 hours away from my lease, making sure they are right is kind of a big deal.

Comment

I change mine to adjust for the changes in sunrise and sunset. During the hunting season, I'll adjust the feed times before leaving each weekend to match what time I want it to go off whenever I expect to be back for the next hunt. During the offseason I might adjust the time 3 or 4 times total. I try to have mine go off 15 minutes before legal sunrise and 1:45 before last shooting light (30 minutes after legal sunset). During the summer I usually adjust the night feed time to 30 minutes before last light because with the heat the deer don't seem to move much until after dark anyways.

I feed less corn April through mid-June because they don't hit it much with all the native browse greened out.

I change the clock time for DST, but I don't rush out there to do it right away. I'll just change it the next time I'm at the feeder to make it match what my phone says so I don't get confused.

Comment

I change mine with the DST changes and keep the AM feed 30 minutes before sunrise--legal shooting light--and 1.5 hrs before sunset, which is 2 hrs before legal shooting light ends.

Comment

I don't change mine for DLST. I do adjust the morning times to coincide with changes in Sunrise times. I generally don't change the evening feeding time.

Comment

Working...
                                X