Tundra AC Smell and Mouse Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra AC Smell and Mouse Problem

Seeing the "AC Smell" thread, reminded me to ask these question on here since the dealership has been useless in trying to help with these issues.

1. What are TBH Tundra owners doing about the bad AC Smell? My truck is spotless and the Cabin Filter is brand new. Is there a spray or something I can do to eliminate the fungus that's causing the smell?

2. I'm forced to place mothballs under the hood to keep the mice/rats away. I've heard other Tundra owners have this problem. A friend of mine just had over $1200 in damages a few months ago... What are TBH Tundra owners doing about keeping rats out?

I'm almost regretting buying a Tundra...

Thanks y'all...

I'm just impressed that with all the "truck brand bashing" that goes on around here that this is the first Tundra issue I've heard of...and its just a smelling AC...that's pretty impressive lol

Comment

never had either of those problems w a 2015 tundra. Maybe the smell is coming from the mothballs

Is the mouse problem the brand of truck? they only like tundra wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        I'm just impressed that with all the "truck brand bashing" that goes on around here that this is the first Tundra issue I've heard of...and its just a smelling AC...that's pretty impressive lol
        I love Tundras, been a Toyota guy since I was a very young boy and my dad owning several Land Cruisers.

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        never had either of those problems w a 2015 tundra. Maybe the smell is coming from the mothballs
        Is the mouse problem the brand of truck? they only like tundra wires?
        I know it's an issue and I think there are several law suits regarding the mouse/rat issue since Toyota used a "Soy Based" wire cover (or something like that) attracting mice and rats. Toyota employees deny that...

Comment

2010 5.7 owner here with no AC smell or mice issues so I am no help. Only problem I have with my Tundra is always having to stop at a gas station to fill up. Solid trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
            2010 5.7 owner here with no AC smell or mice issues so I am no help. Only problem I have with my Tundra is always having to stop at a gas station to fill up. Solid trucks!
            Glad to hear it.

what MPG are you getting and what size gas tank?

I'm getting 16 MPG and 38 Gallon Tank.

Comment

No AC smell or rats so I’m not much help. Mine is a 2010 and I didn’t change my cabin air filter until a couple months ago and there was no smell.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                No AC smell or rats so I’m not much help. Mine is a 2010 and I didn’t change my cabin air filter until a couple months ago and there was no smell.
                I did not even know mine had a cabin air filter...lol

Comment

Been driving the same Tundra for 10yrs. Live in the country and park under a carport. Never had a problem with with mice.

Comment

Originally posted by TXDraht View Post
                    Been driving the same Tundra for 10yrs. Live in the country and park under a carport. Never had a problem with with mice.
                    My previous Tundras didn't have these issues either.

Comment

I got drunk one day and left a bag of frozen fish in the floorboard of my truck a couple years ago. Took me forever to get the smell out of the floorboard. Baking soda and charcoal briquettes. 100% solved the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some sprays for the vents and youtube has several videos on where to spray..

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                          Seeing the "AC Smell" thread, reminded me to ask these question on here since the dealership has been useless in trying to help with these issues.

1. What are TBH Tundra owners doing about the bad AC Smell? My truck is spotless and the Cabin Filter is brand new. Is there a spray or something I can do to eliminate the fungus that's causing the smell?

2. I'm forced to place mothballs under the hood to keep the mice/rats away. I've heard other Tundra owners have this problem. A friend of mine just had over $1200 in damages a few months ago... What are TBH Tundra owners doing about keeping rats out?

I'm almost regretting buying a Tundra...

Thanks y'all...

What year tundra do you have? My dad has rats eat both his and his wife’s vehicles. He has a 14 tundra and she has a 16ish Camry. I have a 20 tundra and haven’t had any issues with ac smell, but I only have 100 miles on it so far

Comment

2017 here, no smell, no rats, or anything else for that matter.
                            120k+ and rolling strong.

Comment

we have a 2019 and no issues at all. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X