No announcement yet.

LED lighting - under bed rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered! Just bought a new truck that needs some goodies!

Comment

I did the research and found that the 5050 LED will be much brighter and have ordered from ebay. Just make sure you look to make sure they are waterproof.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
        I did the research and found that the 5050 LED will be much brighter and have ordered from ebay. Just make sure you look to make sure they are waterproof.
        And have the 3M adhesive on the back

Comment

^^^ That too, good point!

Comment

Might have to give this a try.

Comment

I have purchased 10M of the 5050 lights off ebay. Once I get them installed on my camper I will post up some pics / review but it is going to be a few weeks...

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=343584

Got my lights in a few days ago, went to radio shack today and picked up the materials i would need and worked on it today. took me longer than i expected to.

Added an additional light strip into my toolbox as it REALLY annoys me when i cant see whats in my toolbox at night.

Ran a hot wire from the battery to the back, then across to the other side. Grounded both sides to the bumper support bracket, then ran the wires parallel to one of them to the toolbox.

Last edited by Chuy; 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Chuy - Is that a waterproof switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
                    Chuy - Is that a waterproof switch?
                    nope! lol. im going to go to the marine store today and get a waterproof one for when this one blows up. added a fuse in line is a good idea

Comment

Gotcha Chuy, I am going to do this around the edge of my Lance Cabover camper and want to have external switches. Guess it will be a trip to the marine store for me too. Thanks! Yes, I agree a fuse would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                        nope! lol. im going to go to the marine store today and get a waterproof one for when this one blows up. added a fuse in line is a good idea
                        That was one of the reasons I mounted my switch up under the bed rail to keep it dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                          http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=343584

Got my lights in a few days ago, went to radio shack today and picked up the materials i would need and worked on it today. took me longer than i expected to.

Added an additional light strip into my toolbox as it REALLY annoys me when i cant see whats in my toolbox at night.

Ran a hot wire from the battery to the back, then across to the other side. Grounded both sides to the bumper support bracket, then ran the wires parallel to one of them to the toolbox.

Pimptastic!! Did u not have a hot wire to tap into in your trailer wiring?

Comment

In

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

man, i did and tried tapping into it but couldnt get power going. Checked all my fuses, no problems, but wasnt getting power. Ended up getting mad and just running them up front. STill need to figure out why im not getting power to the back.

I didnt want to drill into my bed(even though its out of the way), so i went this route.
                                I might end up going that route anyways before its all said and done though..
                                Last edited by Chuy; 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X