No announcement yet.

Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made some and it is good. I was wondering about making something like this but with strawberry or some other fruit flavor... not sure.. I will have to play with it some..

Comment

Got some cooking up right now.......it's going to be a good easter.

Comment

Going to try it

Comment

My dad made some for a family men's get together we do each fall. He thought it was to sweet and weak so he doubled the everclear in it. We are not a big drinking group...just a little casual, social drinking in the evenings around the campfire usually but that stuff changed that! It tasted like candy and was a lot more alcohol than it seemed like. Apple Pie Moonshine has now been banned for all future family functions! LOL

Comment

So I have been messing around with this and Here is another idea.

take any fruit that you have around... Say peaches....
            Put them in a mason jar all the way to the top.
            Do not over fill just fill it full.
            Then fill the jar up with Everclear and let it sit for a few days.
            Shake this jar a couple of times a day.
            Then pour off the Everclear into another jar.
            Keeping the fruit in the original jar.
            Add sugar to the fruit. and close the jar and let it sit a few days shaking up a couple of times a day.
            when you get the syrup at the bottom poor that into the everclear jar.

and repeat this process 2 maybe 3 times. You want to get all the syrup out of the fruit and each time you do this you get a sweeter product.

You will end up with a jar that is full of everclear and fruit juice mix.
            You now have 100% alcohol flavored drink.... you will need to cut this with water to your own strength.
            Save the fruit in the freezer to add to drinks or what ever another time..

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
              So I have been messing around with this and Here is another idea.

take any fruit that you have around... Say peaches....
              Put them in a mason jar all the way to the top.
              Do not over fill just fill it full.
              Then fill the jar up with Everclear and let it sit for a few days.
              Shake this jar a couple of times a day.
              Then pour off the Everclear into another jar.
              Keeping the fruit in the original jar.
              Add sugar to the fruit. and close the jar and let it sit a few days shaking up a couple of times a day.
              when you get the syrup at the bottom poor that into the everclear jar.

and repeat this process 2 maybe 3 times. You want to get all the syrup out of the fruit and each time you do this you get a sweeter product.

You will end up with a jar that is full of everclear and fruit juice mix.
              You now have 100% alcohol flavored drink.... you will need to cut this with water to your own strength.
              Save the fruit in the freezer to add to drinks or what ever another time..
              Gonna be trying this sometime.

Ike

Comment

Oh buddy

Just made a batch I had to add a little more apple cider. Threw some cherries off in one bottle.Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

Here's a peach pie one.....

Ingredients:

½ gallon (64 oz.) Welch’s White Grape Peach Juice
                  1 ½ cups White Sugar
                  1 can Sliced Peaches (15-16 oz.)
                  3 Cinnamon Sticks
                  ½ cup ( 4oz.) Peach Schnapps

Bring this to a boil, then let it simmer covered for about an hour. Let it cool down to room temperature then add the following:

1 cup (8-9 oz.) 190 proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear, Graves, etc.
                  ½ cup (4 oz.) Peach Schnapps

You may have to strain this a couple of times through cheesecloth. Now just pour it into some Mason Jars and let it sit for a couple of weeks in a cool dark place. You can drink it right away but the flavor does mellow and taste better.

Comment

I used to get peach shine in Virginia
                    I bet you could substitute the apple juice for any kind of preferred fruit juice for a different flavor.

Comment

Can you quick cool it? (Put it in freezer for an hour).

Comment

Made some to give away for Christmas ..... then quality control taste testing at sunset
                        Attached Files

Comment

Made 3 gallons of it monday. It is DELICIOUS! Only have a gallon left now. All the girls that come over love it and same goes for my fraternity brothers. Gonna be giving a few jars away as christmas presents

Comment

Got a batch cooling right now. Gonna get he fireplace lit up and watch a movie with the wife tonight. Good thing I have off work tomorrow

Comment

Made a batch at half strength the other week, and boy was it good. I would hate to see what full strength would do after a couple of glasses.

Comment

Fixing to make 2 batches and pint it up for Christmas gifts. Recipe will make 18 pints so 100$ worth of liquor and supplies makes for cheap gifts

Comment

Working...
                                X