Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
    Any idea how far north of the Kimble county line you are? I do not think that they are going to get down to me until after the first of the year.

Tim
    Tim, our place is roughly 1 mile north of FM 1773, they are on the ranch north of us, they have the bases set for the poles, I saw them working last Monday, but not the rest of the week. Heard that the ranch north of us was ****** they started this during hunting season and contacted the power company and raised a stink. So at this rate it maybe after the first of the year for them to reach Kimble county!

Comment

Crazy windy again this morning. I have seen 9 bucks and 3 does. None of the bucks are older than 2.5.

The wind is supposed to lay this evening so I’m trying to decide to come back here hoping for a miracle that the Big 6 shows up (hasn’t been here in over a week) or move to a blind in some thicker brush that should provide more cover from the wind.

Comment

For those of you that are coming up to hunt this weekend it should be good. We have been here since Monday and when we’ve had calm and cool conditions activity has been up, when warm and windy not so much. Mature Bucks are on the move looking for does and with the cold weather this weekend it should get the does feeding more during the day. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          For those of you that are coming up to hunt this weekend it should be good. We have been here since Monday and when we’ve had calm and cool conditions activity has been up, when warm and windy not so much. Mature Bucks are on the move looking for does and with the cold weather this weekend it should get the does feeding more during the day. Good luck to everyone.

I’m here at camp. Our place is of Callan Road just off 190. I’m here is weekend all by myself strangely enough so if anyone sees flares go up, start looking for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s my bucks from yesterday. I have a story up on here.

Comment

That is a nice buck Heath, heck of an old bruiser.

Comment

Congratulations Heath!
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

I got this buck yesterday morning. He’s not my biggest buck but definitely my oldest.[IMG] photo sharing[/IMG]
                  [IMG] photo upload site[/IMG]
                  Last edited by droebuck; 11-27-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Well the big boys are certainly out chasing! I’ve had 2 shooters appear and then disappear just as quick. They are like ghosts in this brush. Both bucks trotted right past the feeder like it wasn’t even there.

Comment

I'll be out there the 5th for a quick trip with my 4yr old son. He's been begging to go.

Then I'll be back up on the 11th for 5 days. Hopefully get a chance at my shooter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone else stuck in the blind through this morning ch needed rain? Glad I planned an all day sit!

Comment

Congratulations droebuck!
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                            Congratulations droebuck!
                            Adios,
                            Gary
                            Thanks Gary! It was nice meeting you in town the other day too and my daughter is already asking when she can come visit Reba again.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                              Anyone else stuck in the blind through this morning ch needed rain? Glad I planned an all day sit!

Got out just in time was watching the radar & knew it was about to hit. Hope your long hunt pays off!

Comment

Called this guy with grunt

Comment

Working...
                                X