Porcupine 1 BMC 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porcupine 1 BMC 0

Hunting west of Ozona. The porcupine won despite my dogs best attempt at a rematch.

Been there. Done that. No fun.

Comment

Those quills are the worst thing to mess with!

Comment

Ouch!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Had a dog get into one out on the Medina River several years ago. That dog was scared to death of pliers the rest of his life. No joke.

Comment

Hah, I'll have to mess with her a bit with my pliers. We wrapped this girl up in a dog bed and used crank straps to hold it together. probably a 100 in her mouth, face and gums.

Comment

**** hate to see that!

Comment

Been there and done that with 2 different dogs. The 1st didn’t learn her lesson, she went after another, and the second one hasn’t been tested again, but I highly doubt she learned either.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Been there and done that with 2 different dogs. The 1st didn’t learn her lesson, she went after another, and the second one hasn’t been tested again, but I highly doubt she learned either.
                    Sounds like my dogs. My red heeler has had 2 run-ins and my lab only challenged the porcupine once. I hope we never have to endure that again. If you snip the ends off the quills with a pair of scissors, they pull a lot easier.

Comment

Ouch!!

Comment

Poor pup! I saw that happen to a GSP while quail hunting once. One of the hunters in our group was a vet - he sedated the dog before removing the quills. A lot less painful/stressful for the dog.

Comment

sedate the dog is the best way to achieve less stress on the animal ans success on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                            Sounds like my dogs. My red heeler has had 2 run-ins and my lab only challenged the porcupine once. I hope we never have to endure that again. If you snip the ends off the quills with a pair of scissors, they pull a lot easier.
                            This it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              Had a dog get into one out on the Medina River several years ago. That dog was scared to death of pliers the rest of his life. No joke.
                              But they'll attack the next porcupine twice as hard.....

I hope I've pulled my last porcupine quill out of a dog.

Comment

Working...
                              X