Golf Card Charging Wire? I am Stumped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Card Charging Wire? I am Stumped.

I have a 48 volt golf cart and I just replaced all the batteries with 8 new 6 volt batteries. I did a good job documenting where all the wires go except the battery charging wires. The charge wires where directly connected to the batteries. I just do not remember which battery and what terminal the cable was connected to. I am worried that if I hook it up wrong something bad will happen. Surprisingly a quick internet search resulted in must chargers not connected straight to the batteries like mine is. Here is where I am at.

Battery 1 neg goes somewhere. Battery 1 pos goes to battery 2 neg. Battery 2 pos goes to battery 3 neg and so on to battery 8. Battery 8 pos goes somewhere. Using this logic what batter number should the pos and neg of the charger be connected to?

FYI, if it has wire I do not get along with it so please keep it simple.

Thanks,
    Monty

Try youtube.

Comment

Google “image of 48 volt golf cart battery wiring diagram”. Print it off and take it to the cart with you. File for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be the positive of the first battery in the series and the negative of the last. Use a volt meter from positive to negative and make sure you have 36 volts. Hook up wires and roll

Comment

Negative charger "Should" go to battery one negative. Positive charger should go to battery 8 positive, that way you are charging all the batteries. What type of golf cart and what year? Im going to guess a club car? Seems someone bypassed the on board computer, unless this is a pretty old cart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Should be the positive of the first battery in the series and the negative of the last. Use a volt meter from positive to negative and make sure you have 36 volts. Hook up wires and roll
            Make sure you have 48v since it's a 48v Cart not 36v.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
              Make sure you have 48v since it's a 48v Cart not 36v.

You’re correct sir

Comment

Cart is a 48 volt. Has worked great for years and the charge cable has always been on the batteries. I will check again and make sure neg is on battery one neg and pos is on battery 8 pos. In my mind this makes sense and should work so I will double check.

Thanks,

Comment

Are these 8 6 volt batteries golf cart batteries? Ive never seen a 48 volt cart done that way. Maybe its just me.

Comment

Mine has 6 8volt batteries.
                    Same difference?

Comment

Golf Cart Forum for Electric Golf cars, Golf Cart Lift Kits and Custom Golf Cart Parts and Accessories. Featuring forums for Club Car, EZGO and Yamaha Golf cars

Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X