Awesome Experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Experience.

So, all too often we hear bad news today. I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and share what God blessed my crew and me with the other day.
    So I am fortunate to work as a firefighter/paramedic, but most often, we see people at their worst times. The other day God blessed us with a fresh breath of air. Ill try and describe this story with out stepping into HIPPA. If it seems like I'm talking in third person, it for the patients protection, I.E. HIPPA
    We ran a call the other day on an elderly person. I was not lead medic on this call, but driving the engine that day. The person was sitting in a chair profusely sweating and looked sick. Besides looking sick and stating they didn't feel well, they had a happy spirit about them. We hooked up the monotor to them and began obtaining vitals and a 12 lead. 12 lead is basically a picture of your heart. With in moments, it presented what we call V-Tach with a pulse. For those of you in the medical field, you know this doesn't come by every day. Most are deceased when in this rhythm. The ambulance arrived and wanted to get moving to the hospital asap. Now don't hate on the Lead medic for wanting to move instead of treating in place. Yes, I would have preferred to treat in place, but its their call and. During the move the patient went into cardiac arrest. The patient was worked for 2 minutes and defibrillated. We got a brady, "slow",pulse back that improved into a strong sinus, "regular" rhythm. By the time we got to the abulance he wad alert and oriented talking to me. This doesnt happen every day, but this is not the best part.
    What they said next was the amazing part of this story.
    They stated, "I took the best nap ever! I had a dream I was on a hill top in a bright sunny place with the perfect temperature, I felt like I was years younger. The place was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Man, what did tall give me to take such an amazing nap?" He didnt have a clue he had died for a brief time. My partners and I just looked at each other as in a unbelievable stare. We knew they had seen of Heaven. When they told us all this, it was crazy, like an undescribable peace was pouring out of this person. I got chills. All i can say is Thank you God for this blessing to me and my crew. Yes, its a comfort to know where a patient is going and he is back and doing just fine, but what a blessing it was to us to hear and experience this. Thought I'd share Gods blessings. Do you have any Blessing God shared with you? Please share.

God is good....what a wonderful experience to be a part of........

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Gave me chills reading this. God is incredible.

Comment

God is great... I love stories like this

Comment

Great read! Makes my day better.

Comment

God is good and thank yall for what yall do.

We had a big time scare with one of our coaches on friday night during the game. He has a defib and the headset he was wearing shocked him somehow setting his defib off. It was weird standing there after running across to get the EMS crew and hearing the defib. He had some choice words for us that were helping him but it was just a crazy experience. He ended up staying 2 nights in the hospital but is all good now.

Comment

Not even gonna lie.... I got a chill and then a peaceful feeling while reading this...
                Needed that today...Been a stressful week already here at the office...
                Thank you for that.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome read.

Had a similar experience with God. No I didn't die, but was going through a rough patch.

Its been some time ago, but went to bed that night. Met with Jesus and the next morning every bit of stress and trouble I had going on went away.

Comment

Thats a blessing for sure

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Comment

God is good. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

His grace and mercy are boundless.
                            God is Great

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                              Great read! Makes my day better.
                              Agree! This just gave me all the good vibes.

Comment

Working...
                              X