Need recommendations for multi day trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need recommendations for multi day trek

Each summer I take our student ministry and parents into the southern San Juan mountains for a 3-5 day trek. We always hit up the southfork loop in souther Colorado- our trip this year is scheduled for June 23-28 but we are learning the area may be closed to rains come. The mountains, the cold evenings, the many streams, the Mountain View’s, rarely see many people, and plenty of places for hammocks at our campsites we choose- since we have varying levels of experience and ability this trail suits our needs well- anyone know of similar hiking trails we could explore in two weeks so we don’t miss out on adventure or a time with God and each other in the mountains?

Bear, we are/were planning on fishing the Pagosa area in July but given the situation we may look at the Lake City area instead this year. You might do some research and see what that area has to offer. Lots of people here go to LC every summer so I'm sure someone will be able to steer you in a good direction.

Comment

Are you set on Colorado? A little farther north and you can get up into the West Elk Wilderness. There are good places to set up a base camp and access to miles of trail for back country fun.

Comment

Also have New Mexico as well maybe the Gilas? We went there on a scout trip in high school and it was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Arkansas has some very good hiking trails

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
            Arkansas has some very good hiking trails
            Arkansas is one hot place in the summertime.

Comment

Working...
            X