No announcement yet.

Slow Drivers Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly wise. Not sure where this was. Nowhere does it state it illegal. I worked Highway for years and we just write person for "fail to control speed". Person in front hit breaks and person behind failed to control
    Speed and ran into back of vehicle. And we pull phones when there is a serious injury or
    Death and charge people who were on phone criminally which most in Texas don't.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Fly wise. Not sure where this was. Nowhere does it state it illegal. I worked Highway for years and we just write person for "fail to control speed". Person in front hit breaks and person behind failed to control
      Speed and ran into back of vehicle. And we pull phones when there is a serious injury or
      Death and charge people who were on phone criminally which most in Texas don't.
      Witness said driver was obviously ticked off the car in front would not speed up ( 40 mph zone ) so givin the chance to pass they passed and moved in front of slower car ( actually Going the limit ) and slammed on her brakes causing slower truck to hit her. Driver of slower truck had shoulder pain from seat belt, a hole driver arrested and charged.
      This same thing happened to me 30 years ago and the lady we hit got a ticket. All rear end collisions are not the fault of the driver who hit the other vehicle

Comment

Grinds my gears man!!

Yes, you may be going “faster” than the speed limit but you’re not going “as fast” as me... SO MOVE OVER!!! Or I’ll pass you to the right.

Comment

I love cruising the left lane at 75 because guess what? Yup that’s right it’s the speed LIMIT meaning the fastest LEGAL speed you can travel on a particular road! Why should a law abiding citizen have to move out of the way so you can break the law? The signs that say speed limit aren’t a suggestion it’s the law.

I’m sure y’all will flame me over this.

Comment

Ohio used to have the same thing in that no one drove in the passing lane more than a mile or you WOULD get a ticket.
            You will get pulled over on Hwy 96 between Buna and Silsbee for riding in the left lane. I see it every week.

By the way, If you brake check someone and they hit you, you very well might be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
            Glen, I know you have a lot of experience in this field but we had a local accident on Hwy 69/73 in Port Arthur(between the cloverleaf & Academy) a year or two ago along these lines. A lady got really ****** and locked them up on the Highway resulting in a pileup with a fatality. It may have been an Entergy truck perhaps? She was charged with negligent homicide if I remember correctly?

Comment

I try not to get too worked up about this, but driving 40k+ miles per year around Houston for work makes it exhausting. Regardless of speed, camping in the passing lane while traffic stacks up behind you is not OK. They still teach that the left lane is for passing in driver’s ed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                I love cruising the left lane at 75 because guess what? Yup that’s right it’s the speed LIMIT meaning the fastest LEGAL speed you can travel on a particular road! Why should a law abiding citizen have to move out of the way so you can break the law? The signs that say speed limit aren’t a suggestion it’s the law.

Not gonna flame you but here is what the law says:

According to Sec. 544.011 of the Texas Transportation Code, “If, on a highway having more than one lane with vehicles traveling in the same direction, the Texas Department of Transportation or a local authority places a sign that directs slower traffic to travel in a lane other than the farthest left lane, the sign must read ‘left lane for passing only.’”

Trooper Davis and DPS suggest drivers watch for signs on Texas multi-lane highways that read “Left Lane For Passing Only,” and adhere to directions provided by the signs. Also, the left lane is not a “fast” lane, in spite of what many drivers may believe. Rather, it is a passing lane.

DPS cautions, “Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine. After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you’ve safely cleared the vehicle.”

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Not gonna flame you but here is what the law says:

According to Sec. 544.011 of the Texas Transportation Code, “If, on a highway having more than one lane with vehicles traveling in the same direction, the Texas Department of Transportation or a local authority places a sign that directs slower traffic to travel in a lane other than the farthest left lane, the sign must read ‘left lane for passing only.’”

Trooper Davis and DPS suggest drivers watch for signs on Texas multi-lane highways that read “Left Lane For Passing Only,” and adhere to directions provided by the signs. Also, the left lane is not a “fast” lane, in spite of what many drivers may believe. Rather, it is a passing lane.

DPS cautions, “Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine. After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you’ve safely cleared the vehicle.”
                  I agree. I will be in the left lane driving the speed limit passing those who choose to drive at a speed of less than the posted limit. it is a passing lane but it’s not a lane that grants you the right to go at a rate faster than the posted LIMIT. Or am I off course on what the law reads?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                    I try not to get too worked up about this, but driving 40k+ miles per year around Houston for work makes it exhausting. Regardless of speed, camping in the passing lane while traffic stacks up behind you is not OK. They still teach that the left lane is for passing in driver’s ed, right?
                    I don't think they teach anything in DE. I drive a fire truck and you would be amazed at the stupidity of people when they see and hear me coming. All that move to the right business is long gone

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Witness said driver was obviously ticked off the car in front would not speed up ( 40 mph zone ) so givin the chance to pass they passed and moved in front of slower car ( actually Going the limit ) and slammed on her brakes causing slower truck to hit her. Driver of slower truck had shoulder pain from seat belt, a hole driver arrested and charged.
                      This same thing happened to me 30 years ago and the lady we hit got a ticket. All rear end collisions are not the fault of the driver who hit the other vehicle
                      dash cams are great for these situations.

Comment

brake checking and slamming on the breaks are a little different I would think. Far as I know, brake checking is just enough to make the lights light up.

Comment

Read 546.062 I think. Gotta keep safe distance from vehicle in front of you. Fail to keep assured clear distance is the Cite title

Comment

Man, you can tell the guys on here that do drive slow in the left/fast, passing only lane. I'm always speeding and driving faster than most traffic, or I don't feel like I'm making progress. That slow driver usually gets a very close view of my rear bumper as I come around and in front of him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

@$$wipe! Left lane for passing only.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                                @$$wipe! Left lane for passing only.
                                That’s right jack wagon left lane passing only but never does it say you can speed in the left lane does it?

Comment

Working...
                                X