What a Gift!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Gift!

Just had a co worker who cant pull his martin recurve any more gave it to me and told me to ditch my training wheel bow and shoot a real bow! LOL I shot it at 3-5 yrds and wow that thing is way to quiet! I plan on really shooting that thing after the first of the year, I feel its to late in the year to learn and be lethal with it for this deer season. But I am pumped bout the trad!

Why wait until next year? I found that practicing with a recurve improved my accuracy with the compound. Recurves will very quickly show you flaws in your form. I seldom pick up a compund, but when I do it isn't a problem to be accurate. I also think that the zero let-off on trad bows will build your upper body strength. Just my thoughts...welcome to trad shooting. I have a couple of the Martins and they are decent bows.

Comment

And the fun begins!!! Enjoy!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome! Welcome to the fun side of things. Go ahead and start practicing with her even if you're still going to be using the wheels, you will really enjoy it. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

If you can get to a trad guy to give you some help, you may be able to hunt with it this year.

This young man started in August shooting a long bow and killed this buck on his first hunt, Ocyober 11th. Not a perfect shot but he got the job done.
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!!! You will not be sorry for shooting trad! Best people in the world to be around.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know I will shoot it thru the season and try and get a pig for sure. I need a new string and a set of arrows made up.

Comment

cool

Comment

Great people in here that are willing to help a beginner.

Comment

Getter going and make that feller happy that you put it to use

Comment

Working...
                      X