Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone added a bowholder or camera mount to a strongbuilt tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone added a bowholder or camera mount to a strongbuilt tripod?

Recently purchased 3 of the basic strongbuilt tripods and am looking for ideas to mount a bowholder and video camera mount to the seat. Any suggestions or pictures?

Thanks,

go to Northern tool and get a big metal clamp ($2.oo)then get a 3inch screw that fits ur bottom vd cam, drill a hole thru clamp handle and slide screw under handle then nut to secure bolt ,,,mount your cam now to bolt ...and open your clamp and grab a rail,,,the clamp will hold cam and u can move it around...good luck

Comment

here is one i made just to test with and i think i will stick with it. it works pretty well. 1" alum. square tubing with a tripod head mounted to it all built with nuts and bolts i already had. the unfinished silver alum. is 4" long towards the elbow and 3" to the side. i took the front screw mounting the seat to the swivel out and wedged this unfinished alum. in there with a hole drilled in it to allow the screw to go back into the seat. the vertical arm is about 2" out in front of the seat in between your legs, i had to mount is slightly angled in. then i put a small c-clamp attaching the front of the seat to the horizontal arm to add some stability. it works very well minus the getting in and out of the seat. i am thinking of changing the nut and bolt at the elbow out for a wingnut so i can loosen it and swing it down to get in and out then, once seated, raise it up and tighten it back up. it allows a bit of tilt to move the camera towards me or away, and i mounted the tripod head on the side to i can adjust this back to the horizontal plane if i move it.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cam arm5.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	23824408

Comment

Working...
      X