Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
    Awesome, looking forward to it!

I've actually been really enjoying the Balcones Baby Blue. Not a bad price point at around $40 and has a fun, smoky hint to it that is different than most Bourbons.
    We've got close to 70 whiskeys (including our Scotch). As far as fun stuff we've got Yippee Ki Yay, Old Van Rip 10 & 12, Blantons, and a few other fun ones. It's been rough to get our hands on, but we will be getting a shipment of Pappy 20yr in next month.
    We have 10yr Old Van for $25 and $32 on the 12yr, 2oz pours. Which, I feel is pretty reasonable given the current market.
    If you like the Baby Blue try the Brimstone. It is definitely different from any other pour out there.

Comment

What kind of liquor store do y’all mainly shop at for some of these more hard to find whiskeys? The big ones like total wine and specs or the mon n pops? I’ve never found a bottle of weller 12, for instance, at specs or twin liquors here in San Antonio.

With that said, I do have about 30 bottles that I rotate and replace as I drink them. Enjoy the Texas stuff, balcones mirador and Texas single malt are delisciius, also enjoy the .36 from ranger creek. Also enjoy the stuff from the motherland like laphroig & balvenie. I usually get a couple bottles of something I haven’t tried every month and replace the stuff I really like when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
        What kind of liquor store do y’all mainly shop at for some of these more hard to find whiskeys? The big ones like total wine and specs or the mon n pops? I’ve never found a bottle of weller 12, for instance, at specs or twin liquors here in San Antonio.

With that said, I do have about 30 bottles that I rotate and replace as I drink them. Enjoy the Texas stuff, balcones mirador and Texas single malt are delisciius, also enjoy the .36 from ranger creek. Also enjoy the stuff from the motherland like laphroig & balvenie. I usually get a couple bottles of something I haven’t tried every month and replace the stuff I really like when needed.
        Total wine and specs have the best selection of any store I've been to, mind you, I'm going to some of their biggest stores. If your local specs doesn't have something you want, and any of their other stores have it in stock, you can get them to transfer it.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
          If you like the Baby Blue try the Brimstone. It is definitely different from any other pour out there.
          Will do

Comment

Good find?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Good find?
              Kinda. I refuse to buy it. They are just too poud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                Kinda. I refuse to buy it. They are just too poud of it.
                Pretty proud of it for sure. I’ll see how mad my wife gets when she finds out. Not too mad I’ll hang on to it. Mad I’ll sell it haha

At least it was a little under retail and on the shelf

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Pretty proud of it for sure. I’ll see how mad my wife gets when she finds out. Not too mad I’ll hang on to it. Mad I’ll sell it haha

At least it was a little under retail and on the shelf
                  Ha! I have only ever seen one. It’s a unicorn for sure.

Comment

Of course, I wait until this post is 62 pages to "start" reading it.

I'm mainly just going to look at the pics though.

Comment

After seeing 1792 Small Batch on this thread we picked up a bottle for this hunting trip. Really liking it. Good stuff for a $25 bottle

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        After seeing 1792 Small Batch on this thread we picked up a bottle for this hunting trip. Really liking it. Good stuff for a $25 bottle
                        It’s one of my favorites at under $30, that and Elijah Craig Small Batch are hard to beat for the price

The Kentucky Owl is a good pour but I passed at $200 last time I saw it. They’ve lowered the proof and from what i understand production was increased a while ago so more is hitting shelves. Total Wine has been having it in stock lately

Comment

Grabbed a Weller 107 yesterday. 12 should be on shelves very soon

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            It’s one of my favorites at under $30, that and Elijah Craig Small Batch are hard to beat for the price

The Kentucky Owl is a good pour but I passed at $200 last time I saw it. They’ve lowered the proof and from what i understand production was increased a while ago so more is hitting shelves. Total Wine has been having it in stock lately
                            Yea that KO rye is all over it seems

Comment

I picked up the local small batch...be trying tonight for the fights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching some college football and enjoying some Eagle Rare tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X