Red Tide/Packery Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Tide/Packery Channel

We got a PINS trip planned for the weekend of the 28th. Yes I know it is opening weekend of bow season but we are going anyway. Any of y'all coastal folks keeping up with the red tide thing? Looks like a small fish kill near Packery Channel and no one is sure if it will blow up or not. I have heard red tide is rather uncommon for that part of the Gulf. Just hoping this doesn't screw up our trip.

I have not kept up with it. This forum used to be a good one to get info on when I was into fishing
    The number one choice for FREE fishing reports from Baffin Bay, Padre Island Seashore, Bob Hall Pier, Corpus Christi Bay, the Laguna Madre, Aransas Pass/Rockport, and Port Aransas. A cool message board too!

Comment

Saw a FB post earlier from the PINS FB page that said tests showed no red tide. Good luck!

Comment

I fish most of bow season every year. It is a magical time when the reds pour out into the surf and gulf. I bet money we will have multiple posts of guys complaining of heat and activity. Acorns will be on the ground. I don't blame you at all to plan a PINS trip during opening weekend.

Comment

I was at the MP rigs yesterday and saw no signs of red tide.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            I fish most of bow season every year. It is a magical time when the reds pour out into the surf and gulf. I bet money we will have multiple posts of guys complaining of heat and activity. Acorns will be on the ground. I don't blame you at all to plan a PINS trip during opening weekend.
            Amen!

Comment

Report this morning said none in the first 10 miles!

Comment

I'm glad to hear there is no sign of red tide. I'm headed to Baffin for the weekend.

Comment

We do a cast and blast down in the RGV every year on the same weekend. Sounds like what was there is dissipating.

Water sampling today (Thursday, Sept. 13) shows that red tide levels in Port Aransas waters have dropped since yesterday, according to the University of Texas Marine Science Institute. A naturally occurring phenomenon around the world, red tide is a type of algae that has been linked to the death of fish, contamination of certain shellfish and respiratory problems in people […]

Comment

We were offshore in 20-30’ of water 15 miles south of the pavement and ran 10 miles north of the port a jetties and didn’t see or notice any red tide today. Saw tons of pelicans diving on bait on the north side just past the 3rd bar. Lots of sharks on the north end, none on the south end.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Working...
                    X