Bay boat shopping rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay boat shopping rant

So tired of it... New boat pricing is freakin’ nuts. 70k+, and I’m not even looking at SCB, Fat Cat, or Shallow Sport. It’s been a few years since I purchased a boat, I’m guessing that prices have increased 15% or more since 2015.

Yes! It's crazy!

Comment

I thought this was going to be about a 9month wait for a new boat. We all know they are not cheap. Prices now most people could take a guided trip and save money for the number of times they actually go out.

Comment

Yeah, that’s nuts. Of coarse my FIL was looking at a camping trailer, and new they were $25K+ for a non-fancy bumper pull. I’m sure they had some $65K+ on the lot. I was kind of shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got done going through this myself. No way I was buying new, and anything that's used and half way decent is still out of sight expensive! Good luck with your search, you'll look at a bunch of junk to find a good one...craigslist, 2cool and Facebook Marketplace are good places to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
            I thought this was going to be about a 9month wait for a new boat. We all know they are not cheap. Prices now most people could take a guided trip and save money for the number of times they actually go out.
            Oh, I didn’t even get to the wait. The Yamaha shop down here has been waiting for big SHO motors. They are not selling SHO motors for re-power, new boats only. Supposedly they have a couple coming in within the next week or so, but those have folks waiting on them. I guide part time, so the guiding gig getting busier is just fine with me.

Comment

I will just keep mine

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Just got done going through this myself. No way I was buying new, and anything that's used and half way decent is still out of sight expensive! Good luck with your search, you'll look at a bunch of junk to find a good one...craigslist, 2cool and Facebook Marketplace are good places to look.
                Been shopping for 2 months now, thank you for the heads up on the FB market place. Hadn’t thought about that.

Comment

Hey stickman have a buddy selling a really good condition bluewave with a 4 stroke. Let me see if I can find his FB post.

Comment

It's insane, price of boats, trucks, etc. Nice truck and nice boat, you may as well live in them, more than a house in most parts.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                      Been shopping for 2 months now, thank you for the heads up on the FB market place. Hadn’t thought about that.
                      Also forgot to add 361 fishing on Facebook, if you're not a member just request to join. That's actually where I found mine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I was looking at more entry level sportsman tournament and nauticstar 2140 sport and the 215 and they are in our the 38-43K range before options. Have not even come to terms with that yet

Comment

I was shopping too and gave up. No way I'm spending $65k on a bay boat. I'll repowered and rebuild my old boat with the time comes.

Comment

I'm there with you, stickman...I had sticker shock when I started looking. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet, whether I like it or not, these boys are fit to be tied and are chomping at the bit to fish 24/7/365

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X