Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Food Plot....Getting it ready to plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radar that plot exploded quick!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Radar that plot exploded quick!!!
      Need some rain, getting bad dry. I kilt a boar Saturday at 3am in that field. Darn hogs are getting smarter, good thing I got them game cameras active.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Need some rain, getting bad dry. I kilt a boar Saturday at 3am in that field. Darn hogs are getting smarter, good thing I got them game cameras active.
        That plot looks awesome. Mine will be like that in a few weeks I think.

I need some rain bad.

Just found out the place I planted we will be selling. Talk about a bummer.

Comment

I need some rain bad.

Well that sucks

Comment

I need some rain bad.

I agree that sucks. If I leased I would have a hard time convincing myself to plant unless I had a long term lease signed or if the LO provided the seed and equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              I agree that sucks. If I leased I would have a hard time convincing myself to plant unless I had a long term lease signed or if the LO provided the seed and equipment.
              I agree.

We still have our cabin and a 2 places next to this place, but this place is where I grew up hunting in HS.

O well.

Parents need the money to buy a nice house on 60 acres, so I can't blame them.

Comment

How do y’all fertilize Beans/Peas after emergence? I usually hit my fall plots when they are 4-6” tall to give a boost. Is it the same for summer plots of Beans/Peas or is it not necessary? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                  How do y’all fertilize Beans/Peas after emergence? I usually hit my fall plots when they are 4-6” tall to give a boost. Is it the same for summer plots of Beans/Peas or is it not necessary? Thx

What fert. do you hit your fall plots with? I will plant that WI forage oats again and it needed a something after the initial mow down the deer gave it

Comment

Used to do the typical 13-13-13 after my Fall plots emerged, but prior to planting the Beans/Peas I put the recommended fertilizer from my soil sample which was 18-46-0. Thinking I’ll use the same soon. Just gave it a dose of Arrest Max so anxious to see what it looks like in the next week or two.

Comment

Nothing but stalks left at this time, acres of stalks. They are still green and pliable so...... maybe a rain will bring some back.

No rain has really killed them along with the overgrazing from the deer.
                      Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Checking mine out tomrrow morning. Hoping for better luck. Rain in forecast next week

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          [ATTACH]911783[/ATTACH]

Nothing but stalks left at this time, acres of stalks. They are still green and pliable so...... maybe a rain will bring some back.

No rain has really killed them along with the overgrazing from the deer.
                          Mine didn't even get that tall. Shot up to about 6" and the lack of rain just stalled them out. Deer have eaten most of them. I still have some Real World beans but if we don't get the rain this weekend they'll be gone too. I've already been irrigating one clover plot to try to save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Mine didn't even get that tall. Shot up to about 6" and the lack of rain just stalled them out. Deer have eaten most of them. I still have some Real World beans but if we don't get the rain this weekend they'll be gone too. I've already been irrigating one clover plot to try to save it.
                            Tell me more about those Real World beans? It started raining here off and on today. I had to get off the river cause the lightning was a flying.
                            Last edited by Radar; 06-16-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Sunn hemp cow peas soybeans buck wheat and sunflowers. Planted late April. Chest high
                              Attached Files

Comment

Elgato, send me some of your rain. I planted Sunn Hemp and it got 6 inches tall and the deer eat it down, there is none left. I will try again next spring with the Sunn Hemp.

Comment

Working...
                                X