Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default I'm a conservative but...

The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause. Being conservative or voting Republican doesent really fit the current events for me anymore. I have been spending time the past few years really reading about our founding fathers. From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents. To summarize, they agreed that this land would be free and self governed with a rotation of its citizens serving and participating in its judicial, political and law enforcement/military....

I'm leaning just plain constitutionalist these days. If we all participated in our reserve military, would the second amendment be under fire? If people in our communities that are in good standing and contributing go to serve in our local state and federal houses and then come back home, would our politics remain so dirty?

If not, can we just keep our federal tanks in the barn, only to be used on military bases and foreign soil, when absolutely necessary?
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

I consider myself a constitutional conservative ever since Bush was president.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #5
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!
Lotta folks are being taught they have to be butthurt.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #6
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause. Being conservative or voting Republican doesent really fit the current events for me anymore. I have been spending time the past few years really reading about our founding fathers. From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents. To summarize, they agreed that this land would be free and self governed with a rotation of its citizens serving and participating in its judicial, political and law enforcement/military....

I'm leaning just plain constitutionalist these days. If we all participated in our reserve military, would the second amendment be under fire? If people in our communities that are in good standing and contributing go to serve in our local state and federal houses and then come back home, would our politics remain so dirty?

If not, can we just keep our federal tanks in the barn, only to be used on military bases and foreign soil, when absolutely necessary?
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Lotta folks are being taught they have to be butthurt.
yes sir & yes sir!
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #8
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
35
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #9
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
I donÂ’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
Maybe... I think the local ANG usually runs the event/jet fly over not the standing federal military. Not sure about that though
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #10
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause.
What "talk" are you referencing specifically ?

It must have been some pretty strong words for you to turncoat being a conservative.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

He should have rolled the Nukes down the Highway like China and Russia did back in the day, with a big azz American flag draped across them...
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #12
Phillip Fields
Pope & Young
 
Phillip Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Hunt In: NC,TX, and anywhere else I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
Maybe... I think the local ANG usually runs the event/jet fly over not the standing federal military. Not sure about that though
USAF Thunderbirds did the flyover of the Superbowl. They and the Navy Blue Angels will do dozens of flyovers this year. The Army's Golden Knights parachute team will participate in dozens of events this year.

It was entirely appropriate and money well spent for the tanks to be in Washington for the 4th celebration.
Phillip Fields is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #13
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!
Plenty of stuff in the world to be "butthurt" about, not necessarily this. I'm just pointing out the parade might not be cuncurent with true constiitutional ideals. It seemed like the military was even having a hard time justifying the use of the tanks...
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #14
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
He should have rolled the Nukes down the Highway like China and Russia did back in the day, with a big azz American flag draped across them...
Exactly
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #15
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

I loved the parade, about time we had a president that was proud of our country
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #16
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

First of all it was NOT a parade... Nobody or no equipment moved anywhere. What happened was many, many thousands of red-blooded Americans gathered on the Capitol Mall for the celebration and to see our President salute our military... as it is our military that makes it possible for us to be free and stay free. No tanks were rumbling down the streets. They were given a place of honor either side of the stage where the speech was given. The dang tanks were completely appropriate to have been there as symbols of our military prowess... They are the premier fighting machine for land on the planet. I for one am **** proud they were there and I'd have liked it even better if he'd fired their guns off a time or two... heck a 21 gun salute to our nation's birthday would have been completely appropriate. GOOD GRIEF!!

If those 2 tanks scare you, son you better hope we never have to use them on our soil or you'll crawl under your bed and **** yourself!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #17
xman59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
The talk this week about tanks, Trump and parades gives me pause. Being conservative or voting Republican doesent really fit the current events for me anymore. I have been spending time the past few years really reading about our founding fathers. From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents. To summarize, they agreed that this land would be free and self governed with a rotation of its citizens serving and participating in its judicial, political and law enforcement/military....

I'm leaning just plain constitutionalist these days. If we all participated in our reserve military, would the second amendment be under fire? If people in our communities that are in good standing and contributing go to serve in our local state and federal houses and then come back home, would our politics remain so dirty?

If not, can we just keep our federal tanks in the barn, only to be used on military bases and foreign soil, when absolutely necessary?
nothing wrong with being a constitutionalist ,, very good idea,,, but in reality there are only two groups ruling this country the republicans and demoncrats ,,,,, you vote how you wish too,,, one party is not good the other is worse than terrible, and hates everything this country was founded on, especially the constitution,,, but third parties usually draw votes from the more conservative side that could have used that vote to at least nullify a vote on the evil side ,, wish it wasn't that way but it is
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #18
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
I'm just pointing out the parade might not be cuncurent with true constiitutional ideals. It seemed like the military was even having a hard time justifying the use of the tanks...
Out of everything that is going on in todays world. Tanks in a parade is where you draw the line, really? That is what would make the founding fathers upset? Back in the constitution days, were they not parading cannons, cavalry and other "military" weapons around? George Dub would have been stacking bodies by now.
Attached Images
 
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #19
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
It seemed like the military was even having a hard time justifying the use of the tanks...
Source?
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #20
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Trying to hard. Maybe read Superfudge or something instead.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #21
double bogey
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mesquite
Hunt In: where ever I can
Default

I believe that every American should serve 2 years in the military. Every American, man and woman, should be a real part of the militia. Serve your 2 years, stay if you want it for a career, get out if you don't. Be available for call to duty for the rest of your life. As the world deteriorates, we would be in a much better position to defend ourselves.
Lots of folks would not want us that militarized, but it would be a great education, and lots of our snowflakes would get a boost to maturity.

Never served myself, but if called today at 63 yrs old, I would load up and serve my country any way I could.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #22
Native Texan
Ten Point
 
Native Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great State of Texas
Hunt In: Polk County
Default

As long as Trump is putting strict constitutionalist justices on the Supreme Court, I wouldn't care if he had a battleship in that pond.
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #23
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

All I know is it MASSIVELY UPSET the liberal media...for that alone, it was a good move.

I thought the speech was very well done too...we own the skies!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #24
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #25
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman59 View Post
nothing wrong with being a constitutionalist ,, very good idea,,, but in reality there are only two groups ruling this country the republicans and demoncrats ,,,,, you vote how you wish too,,, one party is not good the other is worse than terrible, and hates everything this country was founded on, especially the constitution,,, but third parties usually draw votes from the more conservative side that could have used that vote to at least nullify a vote on the evil side ,, wish it wasn't that way but it is
I know this is true, "the lesser of two weevils....or evils"
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #26
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
I believe that every American should serve 2 years in the military. Every American, man and woman, should be a real part of the militia. Serve your 2 years, stay if you want it for a career, get out if you don't. Be available for call to duty for the rest of your life. As the world deteriorates, we would be in a much better position to defend ourselves.
Lots of folks would not want us that militarized, but it would be a great education, and lots of our snowflakes would get a boost to maturity.

Never served myself, but if called today at 63 yrs old, I would load up and serve my country any way I could.
I agree. I don't think it would makes us to militarized at all. We spend 1/2 of our fed budget on military as it is and have basically been at war for the past century. If we where all part of our guard I think we would be very safe and in full compliance with the founding ideals. As the 2nd amendment provides the Militia Act of 1792 expands upon, and the founding fathers wrote about, a well regulated militia.... keeps us safe, prepared, engaged and free
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #27
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
All I know is it MASSIVELY UPSET the liberal media...for that alone, it was a good move.

I thought the speech was very well done too...we own the skies!!
Indeed it did, I have to chuckle at the donalds ability to push buttons, even mine, a Donald vote for sure...
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #28
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan View Post
As long as Trump is putting strict constitutionalist justices on the Supreme Court, I wouldn't care if he had a battleship in that pond.
There's no doubt, the court is the last hope for constitutional levity. Strange, seeing how the court originally was not supposed to have a full 1/3 of power but granted itself that power in Marbury v Madison.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #29
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Source?
Just my opinion. Sumized from reading about the subject. Could be completly wrong
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #30
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Out of everything that is going on in todays world. Tanks in a parade is where you draw the line, really? That is what would make the founding fathers upset? Back in the constitution days, were they not parading cannons, cavalry and other "military" weapons around? George Dub would have been stacking bodies by now.
I dont know but i dont think so. They where in an abusive relationship with a dictative military government. Broke it off and paid dearly but got out from under it. Much of the constitution is a limit on power, namely military power. They just didnt see the purpose of handing the military from one person to another, in my simple minded opinion. After the british surrendered, Congress called Washington back to receive his commission and then decommissioned most of the military. Followed all that up with the previously mentioned Militia Act and handed the military and it's cannons to the regulated citizens.

Dub a good man... what bodies and for what purpose?
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #31
Death from Above
Pope & Young
 
Death from Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Henderson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I loved the parade, about time we had a president that was proud of our country
ain't this the truth...
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #32
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point
 
Tejas Wildlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Groesbeck, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!
Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
Almost seems snowflakes are afraid of everything. Even OUR military!
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #33
locolobo
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Somewhere in TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
Almost seems snowflakes are afraid of everything. Even OUR military!
People should be wary of our military and especially the people who have the power to wield it against our own. America needs to wake up and really listen to the people who are seeking power in this country. Some of the drivel I hear from some of the candidates gets the hair on the back of my neck all outta shape.
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #34
Leemo
Ten Point
 
Leemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay City, Texas
Default

Trumps gonna need a bigger wheelbarrow to carry his nutts around

Go Trump
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #35
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo View Post
people should be wary of our military and especially the people who have the power to wield it against our own. America needs to wake up and really listen to the people who are seeking power in this country. Some of the drivel i hear from( the democrat) candidates gets the hair on the back of my neck all outta shape.

fify
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 06:03 PM   #36
Horn chaser
Ten Point
 
Horn chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Colbert,Ok/ Bryan and atoka co, sometimes grayson
Default

I have nothing against showing appreciation and respect to our military. I also don't have a problem with showing off our weaponry to the people of our country after all it's kind of nice to be able to get a close look at what a good chunk of our tax dollars is being spent on. Now if the parade was being held to demonstrate force that could be used against us that would be a totally different can of worms. I wouldn't go for that and it doesn't matter what side of the aisle is in charge of the country. One last note if seeing a tank bothers you I highly suggest if you ever come up to Oklahoma and plan on going through McAlester I suggest going around that town. Because as you Enter into the town of McAlester the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant has a M.O.A.B on display that can't be missed. That my friends is one huge bomb.
Horn chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 06:24 PM   #37
camoclad
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn chaser View Post
I have nothing against showing appreciation and respect to our military. I also don't have a problem with showing off our weaponry to the people of our country after all it's kind of nice to be able to get a close look at what a good chunk of our tax dollars is being spent on. Now if the parade was being held to demonstrate force that could be used against us that would be a totally different can of worms. I wouldn't go for that and it doesn't matter what side of the aisle is in charge of the country. One last note if seeing a tank bothers you I highly suggest if you ever come up to Oklahoma and plan on going through McAlester I suggest going around that town. Because as you Enter into the town of McAlester the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant has a M.O.A.B on display that can't be missed. That my friends is one huge bomb.
Reasonable point, well put.

Seeing a tank doesent bother me or probably just about anybody else for that matter. Seeing a tank at a military base (MAAP) makes sense, especially one that makes munitions.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #38
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default Blowing Smoke

It doesn’t bother me that they are complaining about using the tax payers’ money for this but it does **** me off that the only reason they’re comprised because it’s Trump. If they really cared they’d be proposing legislation for him and all future presidents. I'd be ok with a law saying a sitting president could only use leftover or current campaign funds for this sort of thing. They all raise millions.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2019, 05:11 AM   #39
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
It doesn’t bother me that they are complaining about using the tax payers’ money for this but it does **** me off that the only reason they’re comprised because it’s Trump. If they really cared they’d be proposing legislation for him and all future presidents. I'd be ok with a law saying a sitting president could only use leftover or current campaign funds for this sort of thing. They all raise millions.
But it was free. The government paid for it. Isn't that what the socialist are selling now? Pure hypocrisy!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #40
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

I wish he could have incorporated a cruiser shooting off some tomahawks... that would have been really bad*****... I was in the Navy, that might make me biased to their fire power lol
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #41
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
First of all it was NOT a parade... Nobody or no equipment moved anywhere. What happened was many, many thousands of red-blooded Americans gathered on the Capitol Mall for the celebration and to see our President salute our military... as it is our military that makes it possible for us to be free and stay free. No tanks were rumbling down the streets. They were given a place of honor either side of the stage where the speech was given. The dang tanks were completely appropriate to have been there as symbols of our military prowess... They are the premier fighting machine for land on the planet. I for one am **** proud they were there and I'd have liked it even better if he'd fired their guns off a time or two... heck a 21 gun salute to our nation's birthday would have been completely appropriate. GOOD GRIEF!!

If those 2 tanks scare you, son you better hope we never have to use them on our soil or you'll crawl under your bed and **** yourself!
Thank you for saying this. I could not watch it and didn't see coverage afterwards either.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #42
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #43
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
Agreed!
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #44
ItsAllGood
Nubbin' Buck
 
ItsAllGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!
ItsAllGood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #45
ItsAllGood
Nubbin' Buck
 
ItsAllGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!
ItsAllGood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #46
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
Well said, as usual. We MUST NOT be the SILENT majority any longer !
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #47
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
I agree. At first I thought they were doing a military parade, which I personally don't think is desirable, but the flyovers are very cool and having the tanks there, well... I wish I could have seen pictures of that!

The military parade thing - this is just me but I fear God would send plagues on us for that - being prideful and arrogant. I've suffered plenty for my own pride and I'd hate to see that happen to our country. Some will say I'm weird and make fun of me or even try to argue with me, but that is the honest reason and only reason why I don't want a military parade. I feel we can and do honor our military in other ways. A Fourth of July parade should honor all American Patriots - not just the military.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #48
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
I agree. At first I thought they were doing a military parade, which I personally don't think is desirable, but the flyovers are very cool and having the tanks there, well... I wish I could have seen pictures of that!

The military parade thing - this is just me but I fear God would send plagues on us for that - being prideful and arrogant. I've suffered plenty for my own pride and I'd hate to see that happen to our country. Some will say I'm weird and make fun of me or even try to argue with me, but that is the honest reason and only reason why I don't want a military parade. I feel we can and do honor our military in other ways. A Fourth of July parade should honor all American Patriots - not just the military.
Well, you won't see my thinking/saying you're weird. I stand WITH you in this completely! There's a reason we say "God Bless America"! Without His blessing, there will be NO America. Look what happened to Israel/Judah when He took his blessing from them due to disobedience and immoral acts!! Our turn is coming if we as a Nation do not change our ways.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #49
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
I agree. I don't know why people don't like celebrating. I use to love to go to the airshow in Burnet just to watch the A1 Warthogs, but Obama nixed that. I can remember once in Abilene at the train depot as a child a train with all kind of tanks and military weapons were there. People lined the streets with flags and Patriotic music playing just to see. It was awesome!!! At a lot of the rodeos around here watching the First Cavalry Horse Division perform is something I always watch and love. I would have loved to seen the D.C. parade. Somewhere this country has lost Patriotism and if its needed more now than ever.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #50
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I agree. I don't know why people don't like celebrating. I use to love to go to the airshow in Burnet just to watch the A1 Warthogs, but Obama nixed that. I can remember once in Abilene at the train depot as a child a train with all kind of tanks and military weapons were there. People lined the streets with flags and Patriotic music playing just to see. It was awesome!!! At a lot of the rodeos around here watching the First Cavalry Horse Division perform is something I always watch and love. I would have loved to seen the D.C. parade. Somewhere this country has lost Patriotism and if its needed more now than ever.
Once again THERE WAS NO PARADE. It was a stationary setting on the Capital Mall in downtown DC. No tanks rumbling down the street, no marching bands... It was more like a typical Trump rally only it was solely and completely dedicated to honoring the Nation's Independence and those who keep her free. Even with pouring down rain just before the event and while it began, there must have been hundreds of thousands of people there cheering and celebrating... How anyone could dislike that is beyond me. If someone was turned off by this display of patriotic honoring of Nation and military, then perhaps that someone is NOT an American.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com