No announcement yet.

Preppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home to West Texas for me. Between mine and my wife's families, I think we'd have a pretty good chance of survival. Solar wells, cattle, goats & horses; A couple of civil engineers, crusty ol' ranchers and take-no-***** women - I pitty da fool.

I'll put a TBH flag in my prepper gear, if you see it waiving friends are welcome. Anyone coming to take our stuff will find a shallow grave and fiery eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      I typically just wait for these threads---make note of who is stocking up so I know where to go when the **** hits the fan.
      Personally, I'm headed to Polk county.. there are stories of a guy with excessive amounts of elephant meat in a wooden cabin. should be easy pickin's if I can get past the 6 kadrillizin lumen porch light...
      At least there's one person that doesn't know what county I'm in! And why aren't you going to the astros game thursday?

Comment

I have a stout brick house with good steel doors that lock, and a water well in the backyard. I keep the dove fed by the house and the rabbits fat and a good 22. I guess im ready for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          At least there's one person that doesn't know what county I'm in! And why aren't you going to the astros game thursday?
          Be in Disney World!!!

Comment

Not a prepper but I have a little bit of ammo and components to reload (it was hard to get a few years back and decided I wouldn't go through that again so I keep more then I used to) and legally bought supressors

We keep extra water, we are also on a well and I bought a generator when the last hurricane rolled through. I have a grill and a smoker and a propane stove inside with a big tank I don't let get low.

I have the basic camping stuff since we enjoy it like lanterns, Coleman stove, etc.

We keep extra food but not excessive and I have my own garden.

Only thing I'm worried about is hurricane season as it seems I have crap luck lately big one we were without power for 2 weeks. I keep a few extra tarps have power tools hand tools and wood etc to get me by like when a tree fell on my roof.
            I live on a one street "neighborhood" and fang near half the houses are family that have lived here since the 60s, horses, pigs,cattle,chickens, gardens between everyone. All are hunters, some military experience even have a cop on my street. We'd be alright for a while with anything that was thrown at us.
            Our street is surrounded by small amount of woods then pasture land on each side. We'd see anyone coming except for neighborhood that was built on other side of our only entrance. (I hate that this town is growing so fast)
            Once again not a prepper but I do keep a small kit for emergencies in my truck. If I had to walk home from anywhere I travel regularly I'd be fine. I do enjoy reading the apolyalypic books about emp, nuclear war in America like lights out, Patriots, surviving home etc. They are interesting to say the least. I have no plans on leaving my home if anything crazy we're to happen. I'd die protecting it first
            Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 05-01-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmangrem View Post
              Home to West Texas for me. Between mine and my wife's families, I think we'd have a pretty good chance of survival. Solar wells, cattle, goats & horses; A couple of civil engineers, crusty ol' ranchers and take-no-***** women - I pitty da fool.

I'll put a TBH flag in my prepper gear, if you see it waiving friends are welcome. Anyone coming to take our stuff will find a shallow grave and fiery eternity.
              Lol,I like that.A tbh flag,and various forms of alcoholic beverages.Because most of us have lots of guns/ammo,and fishing stuff.Plenty of deer meat,and several have gardens..As a tbh community we'd be alright I reckon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                Some folks just worry too much!

I don't worry at all since I am prepared. Live through one big hurricane and you will change your mind.

I lived through Hurrican Alicia in the early 80's. Power was out for about a week and I can remember as a kid standing in a line waiting to get water. I swore that when I grew up, I would never let my family be in the same boat of having to rely on others to survive.

It's not called worrying, it's called being a good provider for your family.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  I don't worry at all since I am prepared. Live through one big hurricane and you will change your mind.

I lived through Hurrican Alicia in the early 80's. Power was out for about a week and I can remember as a kid standing in a line waiting to get water. I swore that when I grew up, I would never let my family be in the same boat of having to rely on others to survive.

It's not called worrying, it's called being a good provider for your family.
                  Oh I'm not talking about hurricanes, tornadoes etc. I've lived through many natural disasters and went more than a week without water or power on multiple ocassions. My comment is not aimed at being ready for those types of things. When I hear "prepper" that's not what I think of. I shake my head at the folks that think Russia or North Korea are gonna put boots on the ground in the US, the government is gonna declare marshall law and try to take our guns, or a giant ateroid is gonna take out our power grid...well you get the idea. I think some people just caught up in the Alex Jones type nonsense. He makes a very nice living making people scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                    i bought 100 acres about 5 miles from the nearest "town".... (the town is about 100 people). put a sea container on it, had a well drilled and it's running on solar into a 2500 gallon tank. right now, my UTV is out there, and about 40 gallons of gas, and 50 gallons of diesel. I have a couple 30 day emergency food supply (25 year shelf life) canisters out there, a large tent, sleeping bags, and other necessities. there's only 1 road in that is 4 miles long, and you can't see anything from the road.

now, I didn't buy it for this purpose, but it would serve it well. it's always good to have a contingency plan.
                    If by chance the world does not melt down into anarchy in 24.5 years... will you eat your emergency food supply?

Comment

To the OP, Are you kiddin' me? Your wife is giving you the perfect opportunity to buy more guns & ammo. Take it! Don't let this pass you by. You will need more guns, ammo, a better bow, arrows, etc.

Comment

Wonder if they're watching our southern border a little closer now that all this North Korea stuff is going on. People are worried about ICMB's, but I'd be more worried about someone smuggling a nuke across our open southern border. They may not have the technology to launch one over her on a missile, but they may be able to still get one here if our borders aren't secure. That's why we need to BUILD THE WALL

Comment

I have property with lots of game on it, plenty of fire power, that is about as prepped as I am going to get.

Comment

I just keep the standard stuff, especially during hurricane season.

1. extra case of water
                            2. extra batteries
                            3. couple dozen can food items
                            4. extra flash lights
                            5. already have a stash of ammo (nothing crazy)

That's about it. I don't keep spare gas around. If a hurricane ends up in the gulf that's the time for me to get extra gas.

I've read a little about "prepping" and there are a lot of fallacies involved; at least as far as building a bunker and stocking with tons of supplies. Bottom line, if the SHTF, you would not be able to stand your ground too long before other survivors come to raid your supplies. I tend to think a more nomadic type of approach is what should be thought about.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                              To the OP, Are you kiddin' me? Your wife is giving you the perfect opportunity to buy more guns & ammo. Take it! Don't let this pass you by. You will need more guns, ammo, a better bow, arrows, etc.
                              Lmao! True!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                Oh I'm not talking about hurricanes, tornadoes etc. I've lived through many natural disasters and went more than a week without water or power on multiple ocassions. My comment is not aimed at being ready for those types of things. When I hear "prepper" that's not what I think of. I shake my head at the folks that think Russia or North Korea are gonna put boots on the ground in the US, the government is gonna declare marshall law and try to take our guns, or a giant ateroid is gonna take out our power grid...well you get the idea. I think some people just caught up in the Alex Jones type nonsense. He makes a very nice living making people scared.
                                Hey, keep Alex out of this......he is a Texan and he has the ear of our President.

Comment

Working...
                                X