Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stbpope View Post
    Found an old revolutionary war cannon in the Louisiana marsh. Did some research about it. I did some research and people knew it was there and I guess there are not moving it for historical reasons
    dang thats really cool got any pics of it? also welcome to the campfire

Comment

May as well bump this thread, since a lot of people are stuck at home. Maybe someone will take time to post what their strange finds.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

While on a bow hunting trip for grizzly bear in Alaska back in 1952, I stumbled on an old mining camp up in the mountains. There was a water well there and when I looked down in it, it was so deep you couldn’t see the bottom. I picked up a big rock and dropped it down, I never heard it hit bottom. Got a rope out of my backpack and tied one end around a tree and the other end around my waist, turned my headlamp on and started lowering myself down. When I reached bottom, which I figured was a couple hundred feet, I thought my foot had landed on the the big rock I had dropped down the well, but when I looked down with my headlamp, what I saw was very spooky. My foot was on a human skull. I reached down to pick it up cause I was going to turn it in to the Alaskan authorities when I got back to civilization after my hunt was over. As I reached down to pick it up, the darn thing quickly opened it’s mouth and bit my index finger clean off. That’s why I gotta shoot my bow left handed now.....

Comment

^^^You ain’t right Gary^^^😂😂

Comment

Here's one from last weekend. While helping a buddy track a hog he shot I decided to take a break on a fallen tree/log (it was a long track ). I saw something next to the log that caught my eye under some leaves. I soon uncovered 5 cans, someone was a Dr Pepper fan! They look pretty old, any guesses on how long they've been there? And check out the stamping on the top....the irony!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by louieagarcia; 05-19-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

One of my favorite threads. Those old DP cans are a great find!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Something lost its hand. Found this trap while walking a creek

That’s a dog proof coon trap. They work excellent. Seems someone forgot to check it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                  Here's one from last weekend. While helping a buddy track a hog he shot I decided to take a break on a fallen tree/log (it was a long track ). I saw something next to the log that caught my eye under some leaves. I soon uncovered 5 cans, someone was a Dr Pepper fan! They look pretty old, any guesses on how long they've been there? And check out the stamping on the top....the irony!

Looks like a 67 according to this here Google search

Comment

Buddy found a quarter masters.knife at our place. In a bucket of water at the house. Handle was gone. He restored it for me. Awesome find and restoration

Also found a dead man in car after suicide last weekend of season with window down. Just to think if we wouldn’t have been there that weekend. No one would have for three months

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                      How do you know that's what it was ?
                      Every cave is an outlaw cave according to the owner and realtor selling it

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post

Looks like a 67 according to this here Google search

Awesome!!!! Older than I thought. Thanks

Comment

Here is an interesting "rock". I have no idea what it could be. Any guesses?

I have also found a cannon ball years ago digging in our garden in the Memorial area of Houston in the late 60's or early 70's.

I also have what I believe is a good sized but broken fossilized dinosaur bone found in Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            Feeding my mom's cats one morning saw this sitting in here pasture about 200 yards from her house. Found out later an emergency landing for the guys training out of camp Bowie. Engine fire forced it down.
                            We had one land in Mont Belvieu a few years ago, but he put down in a old rice field. It sank up to the bottom of the doors[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Comment

Found this dude in South TX. He was probably headed north from a neighboring country.

Comment

^^^^wow. That would freak me out.

Comment

Working...
                                X