Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
    Brazoria is well below Richmond.

Even at 57 feet it's going to be bad. Richard, what are y'all seeing, or did y'all bug out too?
    Thanks.. i thought it was downstream of Richmond but didn't check on google maps so didn't want to say.

Comment

Up and rollin here in Rosenberg. Never thought I would see the day when 5 rivers in SE Texas were all flooding at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at the upstream gauge in San Felipe it's already dropping fast up there and the downstream gauge in Rosharon has already peaked and appears to be dropping. Not sure if our area in Richmond/Rosenberg is a bottleneck causing it to show a coming increase or if they are just being conservative. We've been chasing the crest all week, it's always 36 hours out and never comes.

The flooding at my house is completely different this year compared to the flood last year, lots of variables that impact this I understand. This level last year it was a few feet from coming in my house and this year it's still not out of the drainage ditch at the back of my property which is almost 100 yards away. I'm thankful it's different, just really odd how vastly different it is for us.

Comment

Well, ****. I spoke too soon. Water has come up about 3' vertical rise, or more, in 18 hours. Going to be close if it gets in the house. I think our bigger problem are the idiots that are driving through the high water in the road, which is causing wakes and could force water in the house before it even floods.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            I think our bigger problem are the idiots that are driving through the high water in the road, which is causing wakes and could force water in the house before it even floods.
            I wondered about this in all the pictures I saw. That would definitely be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              Well, ****. I spoke too soon. Water has come up about 3' vertical rise, or more, in 18 hours. Going to be close if it gets in the house. I think our bigger problem are the idiots that are driving through the high water in the road, which is causing wakes and could force water in the house before it even floods.

The river is dropping at 1489 in Simonton. It crested sometime in the last 24 hours and has dropped 4-6" since then. I was hear at 2:30 yesterday afternoon and it was still rising but now is falling pretty fast.
              House and businesses along 359 didn't look good this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The river has officially crested and is falling. Thanks be to God. It spares all of the leveed communities in Fort Bend including mine. Looking at those pics is crazy. My parents live about 2 miles behind the Swinging Door. So far they are fine, the water only made it up to their door.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  The river has officially crested and is falling. Thanks be to God. It spares all of the leveed communities in Fort Bend including mine. Looking at those pics is crazy. My parents live about 2 miles behind the Swinging Door. So far they are fine, the water only made it up to their door.
                  That's good to hear about your folks, I was curious how that area was holding up.

Comment

Working...
                  X