No announcement yet.

What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a couple of Performance Center 45's. I've lusted after the 625 for a year, and finally picked one up. The PC Shield 45 was too good of a deal to pass up as well. Can't wait to get back from the current work trip to give them some range time, after I get both of my sons out in the woods for the base youth hunt. Rut should be just kicking off when I get back in a couple weeks
    Attached Files

Comment

Mossberg 30-30 tactical

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
        just picked a savage 10 fcp model, love it. went to the range today testing out reloads. Preformed great !
        That's awesome! 308? I'm eyeing this model in SR for a future clover leafer with suppressor

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
          Just picked up the Remington Rand 1911 from 1945. All proof marks match up along with the mainspring housing.

Everything is original except the magazine. Previous owner added some stipling (sp?) in the front of the grip.

I will break it down tonight to confirm the barrel marks.

I wish I could remember the SN off the Remington Rand that I carried in the 82nd. I've been wanting one bad!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

This thread is worthless with no pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
              I wish I could remember the SN off the Remington Rand that I carried in the 82nd. I've been wanting one bad!!!

Cool.

Prices range all over the place from $900 to $2500 or more.

Broke down the gun and found out the barrel is original.

Comment

Will be picking up tomorrow this mint Colt Scout K series from 1967 with original paperwork/receipt from original owner/Colt Holster/ammo belt.
                Attached Files

Comment

Earlier this week bought a custom Sako L61R from the late 60’s, fitted with a custom heavy barrel and stock by Flaig’s (old Western PA gunsmith), chambered in .375 Weatherby Mag, which will also shoot .375 H&H mag ammo. Vintage Redfield 4x12 scope.

Took it to the range today, shot like a dream, very moderate recoil. I like shooting it more than my 270!

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
                    Earlier this week bought a custom Sako L61R from the late 60’s, fitted with a custom heavy barrel and stock by Flaig’s (old Western PA gunsmith), chambered in .375 Weatherby Mag, which will also shoot .375 H&H mag ammo. Vintage Redfield 4x12 scope.

Took it to the range today, shot like a dream, very moderate recoil. I like shooting it more than my 270!

Now that's an awesome rifle and gorgeous to boot!! Congrats on a great score!

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                      Now that's an awesome rifle and gorgeous to boot!! Congrats on a great score!

Thanks! I love this rifle, I’ve never seen anything else like it, and it is perfect for me. I’m looking forward to practicing with it more and getting dialed in at longer distances, it’s capable of much more accuracy/consistency than I am I think. Here’s a 100 yard group from the bench as I was walking it in towards the bullseye making scope adjustments:

Here is a faster three shot group off of a tripod at 25 yards, (I need a heavier tripod/shooting sticks), but closer to an Africa-type hunting scenario:

Comment

Here she is. Broke her down and cleaned her up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                          Here she is. Broke her down and cleaned her up.
                          Dang! Manny that's a heck of a pistol.. really nice!

Comment

In a buying fringe.

Got this Mint Ruger MKII with a 10" barrel.

Looks like it was hardly shot. from 1990.

Broke it down and cleaned and lubed it.

Taking it to Reds this week.

It is a little heavy with one hand shooting.

Comment

Pics
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by topduarte; 10-23-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

That Ruger is cool! Looks like something from a James Bond movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X