Need some help on selling a house without a realtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I posted on here that I was looking to sell my mom's place out close to Sam Rayburn and have a realtor chomping at the bit to list it as soon as I have it ready to sell. While down there working I have had a few folks stop, that knew my mom had passed, and asking if I was going to sell and of course said yes. Well I have had one or two say the would be interested to buy as is and would finish up anything that needed to be cleaned out. One even said that he would talk to his wife and then see what kind of financing they could get at the bank. I need to lean on the green screen expertise on such a matter to see what I need to know, avoid, etc. if I wanted to sell it myself without going thru a realtor. I know there are several on here that sell real estate so looking for some knowledge. My mom's place is in a trust so I have to make sure I cover all the bases because my step-dad's family is included in disposing of all properties. If I get it ready to sell and no takers then I will turn it over to the realtor but until then just needing some expert help.

I just purchased a house without a Realtor and all I had to do is go to the title company and they did all the paper work. Whoever the buyer is would need to get their finances in order and go to a title company. You'll just show up sign some papers and collect your check. Y'all may have to work out who pays for a survey if one is required.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      I just purchased a house without a Realtor and all I had to do is go to the title company and they did all the paper work. Whoever the buyer is would need to get their finances in order and go to a title company. You'll just show up sign some papers and collect your check. Y'all may have to work out who pays for a survey if one is required.
      I sold a house in town and some rural acreage without a realtor. Same basic process as already mentioned. Realtors are good for showing property if you don't have the time.

Comment

We use a realtor just to facilitate the deal and her title contacts and such. She normally just charges us a flat rate per transaction.

If the buyers are financing through a traditional mortgage I’m almost positive it will have to be posted through MLS. Maybe not though.

Comment

Title company does the heavy lifting.

Comment

Listing with a Realtor gets the property in the MLS- which is then automatically picked up by Zillow, Trulia, Refin etc. More eyeballs seeing the house (than walk bys or drive bys) MAY get you a higher price and justify their (negotiable) sales commission.

I don’t know about sales out of a trust- I’d talk to the lawyer who set it up and ask their opinion if you have a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Considering the property is owned under a trust I would pass that trust document in front of a real estate attorney just to make sure everything looks clean & clear before a transaction takes place

Comment

Just so all are clear, title companies represent only their own interests in real estate transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                  We use a realtor just to facilitate the deal and her title contacts and such. She normally just charges us a flat rate per transaction.

If the buyers are financing through a traditional mortgage I’m almost positive it will have to be posted through MLS. Maybe not though.

Multilist (MLS) is just a realtor controlled inventory system for property available in a specific area. Other than trying to keep anyone other than a license realtor from selling homes, it serves no purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                    Just so all are clear, title companies represent only their own interests in real estate transactions.
                    This and often misunderstood.

Comment

We're in the process of buying a house that wasn't listed and no realtors involved - Just heard through a friend that a particular home was going on the market soon and it's what we were looking for. We met the owners, discussed what price they wanted for the home, inspections, allowances, etc.

We hired a real estate lawyer to handle the transaction. She is handling everything a realtor would normally do for us for a small flat fee that will cover us through closing. A standard TREC contract is all that is needed, but the lawyer can modify whatever part you need modified (realtor can't). Title company is doing their thing and financing is being handled. So far it's been effortless on our part and saving us about $30k keeping a realtor out of the transaction. It's certainly the way to go if you have property to sell and a buyer.

Comment

It’s all easy until it isn’t, especially if you aren’t familiar and comfortable reading contracts. All sorts of things can go wrong in a real estate transaction and not understanding the process puts you a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter View Post
                          We're in the process of buying a house that wasn't listed and no realtors involved - Just heard through a friend that a particular home was going on the market soon and it's what we were looking for. We met the owners, discussed what price they wanted for the home, inspections, allowances, etc.

We hired a real estate lawyer to handle the transaction. She is handling everything a realtor would normally do for us for a small flat fee that will cover us through closing. A standard TREC contract is all that is needed, but the lawyer can modify whatever part you need modified (realtor can't). Title company is doing their thing and financing is being handled. So far it's been effortless on our part and saving us about $30k keeping a realtor out of the transaction. It's certainly the way to go if you have property to sell and a buyer.

It’s not saving you any money because buyer doesn’t pay the realtor. The seller may say they are giving you a reduced rate because brokers aren’t involved but no way to really know.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                            It’s not saving you any money because buyer doesn’t pay the realtor. The seller may say they are giving you a reduced rate because brokers aren’t involved but no way to really know.

It is saving me considerable money by buying the home minus realtor fees. Those fees are paid by the seller but passed to the buyer in a final sale price.

We're buying the house below market and seller offered at $30k less if no realtors involved. We've done our homework and live in the neighborhood, we know what the floor plan is listing for and selling for as we've been watching listings for a year +. In this situation, there's definitely a way to know what's being saved.

Comment

Wife wanted new t!ts when we sold the last house. I told her I already bought a set, they are on your realtor friend...and I don’t get to use them. I’m not buying another set.

Maybe a little more advice then the OP was looking for

Comment

Working...
                              X