Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traditional clubs near Houston

Hi Everyone,
    I have been browsing around this site for a while. Tons of good info. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to try shooting some traditional bows. I am curious about clubs in my area. I am thinking about buying a bow (probably a recurve) sometime this summer. Hopefully, if I practice enough, I can be in the woods this fall. There is so much good info on this site and around the internet, it is overwhelming. My biggest fear is buying a bow and learning bad habits, getting frustrated, and giving up. That is why it might be better to hook up with a local club and maybe try a couple bows, and of course, get to know some people with the same outlook on hunting that I have: I don't want to do things the easy way.

I dont know any trad only clubs in your neck of the woods but the 3D season will be cranking up soon and there should be a few shooters then, also the big trad shoot in chester will be the weekend after mothers day and you will be able to shoot bows from 4 or 5 bowyers and any of about 300 guys bows. I get to houston often and carry a take down hill longbow if you want to try one.

Comment

Come on over Sumo. We need to constantly add to our group. I go to Chester every year and you are closer than I.

Comment

We are not a trad. only group but if you are interested in a great group to shoot with check out Broken Bow Archer Club. We shoot on the NW side of town.

Comment

Thanks,
          I will keep the Chester shoot in mind.

DrenalinJunkie: Do you have any other info on the Broken Bow club? Meeting times/locations? Website? I might be interested in checking the club out.

Comment

Drenalin: I found the info thread on Broken Bow. I will be reading it shortly.
            Thanks

Comment

Golden Triangle Bowhunters in Beaumont is about 30% Trad. Good helpful group thst shoot weekly.

Comment

Working...
              X