No announcement yet.

Biggest public land bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably one of the biggest I've seen on public land. The morning this pic was taken I was on my way there and got sick. Pulled over puked several times and slept for an hour then went and seen I missed this. I was there the next morning and had him at less than 20 yrds. I could see him with my eyes but it was still too dark looking thru my peep. He made it by me and I never seen him again.
    Attached Files

Comment

Swamp donkey killed on public land not far from where i grew up. Not my deer.

Comment

I saw one and lost all bodily control. My arms were shaking my legs started to shake, i started to sweat. I tought i was gona fall out of the tree. I was lucky to get pics of him, but im not gona post em on here. It was insane. He came to 40yrds. It would of been a buck of a lifetime, but he didnt come any closer. I tried to break branches, scrape bark, doe bleet call etc. He stopped and looked, but then turned and kept slowly on his way. This happened about 3 weeks ago. Im still out after him. Hoping we cross paths again.

Comment

Another thing is I moved spots based on previous deer movement. If I would have stayed put he would have passed by at 20 yards upwind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good encounter keep em coming

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Maybe....
              I still pull up that pic you sent me from your first trail cam Steve. That deer was unbelievable.

Comment

It's truly surprising what's living on our public lands. I've seen pics from fellow members that's dont want the extra attention that blow my lease pics away.

Comment

Biggest public land bucks

The biggest I have personally seen on public was probably 150. He was chasing a doe back and forth at a full sprint a couple hundred yards away and it looked like a dang christmas tree on his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by IkemanTX; 12-08-2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

When I was a kid we had a lease right next to public land. I was to young to bow hunt but I went with dad and sat in my ladder stand. It was the second weekend of October and the bucks were starting to work their scapes pretty good. Right after daylight I heard the fence on the property line “twang” a few seconds later I had a 17pt East Texas monster standing directly under my ladder stand. He probably had a 22 to 23 inch spread and main beams as big as a baseball bat (no kidding). He had to be around 200 inch gross easy. I hunted that deer for the next three years. We played cat and mouse to no end. He knew me and for some reason he would not leave his core area even though I busted him out more times then I could count. My stand was right in it. Dad though it was because I was a kid and didn’t have the “stank” of a mature man yet. I don’t know if that’s true or not but that was 45 years ago and I’ve never seen a bigger FR deer in the wild or dead personally for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                      I still pull up that pic you sent me from your first trail cam Steve. That deer was unbelievable.
                      We all like seeing big bucks. Can you post the pic?

Comment

140-150" 12 pt in Ks. I saw a 190-200" 12pt in Illinois that was bracketed by public, so ya gotta figure he was on it sometimes.

Comment

Dang Razrb that is a beautiful buck. I assume from AR? Wow

Comment

Besides the world class giant I mentioned I also saw a 240ish inch deer a bunch of times in the Dcnf. I think he has 33 or 34 points. 7 drop tines.

Comment

^^^ There used to be an older guy that lived in Lufkin by the name of Tommy Paulette. I worked with him several years ago and he showed me some pictures of bucks he has killed out of the DCNF, somewhere around the Ratcliff area. He had 4 over 200" with a bow that I know of. (I was a skeptic at first but he had Polaroids of them and it was was long before photoshop). One of the pics he had was of a 230-240" giant with several drop tines off his right side.

Comment

Wow...240 impressive

Man it takes a lot to get to 240...

Wonder if he was ever a spike?

Comment

Working...
                                X