No announcement yet.

The proper way to handle a bully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most bullies are paper tigers. Always fight them, even if you lose.

Comment

Read a book called The Rules of Life.... one was “if a fight is inevitable, hit first and hit hard”.

Comment

You have to pop a punk in the chops, it's that simple

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          You have to pop a punk in the chops, it's that simple
          yep, usually fixes the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfoot1 View Post
            Read a book called The Rules of Life.... one was “if a fight is inevitable, hit first and hit hard”.
            I like it

Comment

Man I never was really bullied. People gave me a bit if a ribbing, but just kind of rolled with it. Now if push came to shove no one rolled over me, but I can say I only fought two or three times, and that was usually more sports oriented lol. Someone getting ticked off in a backyard game of football or such. Think I only hit someone for bullying another kid once or twice. Most "bullying" i see only becomes bullying cause kids let it bother them so much.

Had a friend I got a job in construction for, and day in day out he whined about the boss giving him a hard time. Can't understand how ya let it bother you and not just roll with it. Ended up quitting eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Most bully situations I see - would result in the bully pummeling the kid.
                Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Maybe, but it may make them think twice about picking on them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Yep. Being a late bloomer I was the easy target to pick on because of my size. Never stopped me from popping them in the chops though when I'd had enough. They normally got the best of me in the end but in always felt good to land at least one good one. They would move on to someone else normally because I wasnt just going to cower from their torment. A few years later I was bigger than most of those bully's. I should have returned the favor but never did.

Comment

This is absolutely the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    This is absolutely the truth
                    Yep. I remember like yesterday, sitting at the dinner table and my mom saying the words, "You should never throw the first punch". My dad set his fork down, looked at her and said, "You leave the boy-raising to me"...and to me "The first punch is usually the only punch. When it's time, and you'll know, hit first and hit hard." Good advice and I've followed it many times.

Comment

The proper way to handle a bully.

Sadly at the time I didn’t realize I was the bully... David was a special kid, nothing mentally just one of those to smart for his age. We threw rocks at him, said not so nice things to him, etc. Then one day in 5th grade he was gone. My junior year in high school his family moved back. I cornered him in the hallway one day, hugged him, and apologized for treating him the way I did. We became friends and that is something I will never forget. Hopefully I’ll be able to teach my boys from my short falls growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Yep. Being a late bloomer I was the easy target to pick on because of my size. Never stopped me from popping them in the chops though when I'd had enough. They normally got the best of me in the end but in always felt good to land at least one good one. They would move on to someone else normally because I wasnt just going to cower from their torment. A few years later I was bigger than most of those bully's. I should have returned the favor but never did.

I was 4”11 90lbs my freshman year of high school. I always threw the first punch after having enough but never started anything. Haven’t thrown a single punch since high school 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          I was 4”11 90lbs my freshman year of high school. I always threw the first punch after having enough but never started anything. Haven’t thrown a single punch since high school 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Wow I towered over you at 5ft even and 105 lbs, lol. The rest is exactly me to a tee except my high school days were 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                            Sadly at the time I didn’t realize I was the bully... David was a special kid, nothing mentally just one of those to smart for his age. We threw rocks at him, said not so nice things to him, etc. Then one day in 5th grade he was gone. My junior year in high school his family moved back. I cornered him in the hallway one day, hugged him, and apologized for treating him the way I did. We became friends and that is something I will never forget. Hopefully I’ll be able to teach my boys from my short falls growing up.
                            Takes a big man to actually recognize that. Good on you.

Comment

Working...
                            X