Gamo Airguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
    I have been eyeing them for a while, sounds like its time.
    You around Houston?

Comment

This is a good friend of mines company. I don't have one yet, but as I shoot more I will get one for .22 and .177.

Comment

Originally posted by GWilly View Post
        I think the heavier pellet is better for penetration and the size of game you can take. I also have noticed the accuracy can be a little better with the .22 caliber. I bought the .177 because I liked the idea of a pellet shooting as fast as a .22 and the crack it would make by going over sound barrier with light pellets. However, the .177 wasn't good for more than squirrels in my opinion. Shot two raccoons at my feeder (one multiple times) that I was not able to recover with the .177.

I shot at a rabbit four times once with my 177. Couldn’t believe I was missing and he wasn’t running off. Last shot to the head tumbled him. Skinned him to find the other three holes were pass throughs in the chest cavity. I guess they fly through so fast with such little damage if you don’t hit a vital...Would love to trade it for a 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
          You around Houston?
          No, Arlington Metromess area.

BTW, Nice Taco. 2011 DC TRD OR 4x4 on 33"

Comment

How accurate is it? I opted for a PCP because my experience even with expensive RWS breakbarrels was that accuracy to 40-50 yards was not sufficient to kill squirrels consistently. Can you shoot dimes at 30 yards?

Regarding hunting, I am leaving Sunday to go hunt and I plant to take a pic with my .25 Marauder PCP.

Comment

How loud are these "toys" you speak of? I live in the city and hate squirrels, but I need to be subtle at the same time.
              Don't even try, no matter how many squirrels you kill they just keep coming back.

Comment

No, Arlington Metromess area.

BTW, Nice Taco. 2011 DC TRD OR 4x4 on 33"
                Dang, was going to tell you to use mine for a bit see how you like it.

Thanks, I love it. 2010 6" lift on 35s

Comment

Just finished shooting one this morning. I bought it for the kids. Really like the Gamo models.

Comment

I bought the Whisper Quiet model a couple years ago after staring at them every time I went to Walmart. It is anything but quiet but it does pack a good little punch. It will kill coons if you hit them right as well as squirrels and whatever else is in that size range. Tried to kill a piglet with it but didn't do the job. It's a fun little shooter and way better than a bb gun. The scope that comes with it doesn't stay true however so mine has to be adjusted from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      I bought the Whisper Quiet model a couple years ago after staring at them every time I went to Walmart. It is anything but quiet but it does pack a good little punch. It will kill coons if you hit them right as well as squirrels and whatever else is in that size range. Tried to kill a piglet with it but didn't do the job. It's a fun little shooter and way better than a bb gun. The scope that comes with it doesn't stay true however so mine has to be adjusted from time to time.
                      I know mine is way louder with the pba pellets. My rifle seems to like the hollow point pellets in the 500 count can accuracy wise and those made it pretty darn quiet .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                        How accurate is it? I opted for a PCP because my experience even with expensive RWS breakbarrels was that accuracy to 40-50 yards was not sufficient to kill squirrels consistently. Can you shoot dimes at 30 yards?

Regarding hunting, I am leaving Sunday to go hunt and I plant to take a pic with my .25 Marauder PCP.

I have the same rifle. It’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My older one dropped yotes at 80 yards on the ol thumper.

Comment

So I was shooting these on Saturday from a lead sled to sight it in and was not getting consistent grouping at all at 25yards.

Most likely the pellet?
                            Attached Files

Comment

So I was shooting these on Saturday from a lead sled to sight it in and was not getting consistent grouping at all at 25yards.

Most likely the pellet?
                              Yeah, probably the pellet. I have never got any of the pointed pellets to shoot good. I moved to pcp's but I've had good luck with the JSB pellets in pcp and springers.

Comment

Most likely the pellet?

Get you some JSB’s or Polymags. My WoodWalker pcp likes H&N’s 18.3 grain and groups about the size of a nickel at 25 yards. That’s not bad for a pistol.

Comment

Working...
                                X