Who takes their (young) Kids Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who takes their (young) Kids Hunting?

I Do! My 4 year old absolutely loves it. Even get mad when I don’t let him go with me.

We went out this weekend, turkey hunting, and ended up taking a really nice Tom. He was so excited we got a turkey!

I started taking him on short hog hunts since he was about 2. Last year he was with me multiple times, shooting deer and pigs with him there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I killed a management buck with my Toddler in the blind with me this year. She'll be 2 next month.

Comment

Both mine started when they could walk. Good job and enjoy the memories

Comment

started taking my grandson Dylan when he was still in diapers, he was in the tree stand with me when I bow killed a 168" 11 point. He killed his first deer when he was three, still after em at 12.

Comment

I’ve been known to!

Comment

Yes! I have been taking my daughter since she was about 8 months old, I guess she technically started before birth since my wife was in the stand with me 7 months pregnant. Started taking her to the stand at 1 but didn't shoot anything. This past season she was two and I killed a couple of does, pigs and a coyote with her and my wife killed a doe with her in the stand also. We bring plenty of snacks(put them in Tupperware or ziplocs ahead of time to reduce noise), portable DVD player with headphones, coloring books etc. She does really well with being quiet most of the time. She is always asking to go to the deer lease, I just hope she always enjoys it as much as she does now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Riley has been going fishing and hunting with me since the beginning. She is my little or not so little anymore Tom Boy

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	First Fish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24576075

Click image for larger version

Name:	rileybuck.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	24576076

Click image for larger version

Name:	RileyBuch4-14.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	24576077[/ATTACH]

Comment

I started taking my kids at 5 year old. Just gun hunting, still working on being quite in the blind...lol

Last weekend we had a 300lb boar walk out and my son literally yelled PIG! Twice. It was so funny I thought our chance were over, but the boar came back out about 30 min later, caught a 300 win rd and did the dirt twerk..good times

Comment

I will! Can't wait till my little man gets old enough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Both since they were 3...

Comment

We are always after something!

Comment

I've got two sons ages 4 and almost 6. I'm hoping to get more time out this year that I can take them into the field with me here in TX more. They are both mad they don;t get to go with me on my CO elk hunts, and the 4 yo REALLY wants me to add a bear tag to this years trip. (if we draw tags!)

Glad to see folks getting their kids outside though! Too often I see other kids on screens every minute of downtime. GTFOUTSIDE!

Comment

Yes. Take them early. When you start them young then you should get good results.
                          Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]953039[/ATTACH]

Comment

Oops....the dreaded side pics!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X