Real County Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real County Rut

We are on the south side of Highway 41 between Mountain Home and The Garven Store and have been trouble pinpointing our Whitetail rut. We have only been on the property a handful of years and have never been able to lock down the 1-2 week period of peak breeding. When looking on the rut maps, we are in a very iffy location meaning there are 3-4 different “zones” that says when it’s rut truly happens. Any of you guys hunt near our area and have more years of experience in the area have any info that may help me? Actually heading down to the lease now from Louisiana and are hoping we have it timed right and hoping we don’t have any road closures with all of the rain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not far from the Kinney County / Edwards County line between Brackettville and Campwood. Our rut seems to be going on now if that helps. I think you’re going at a great time. But it’s gonna be wet.

Comment

When I hunted out there near Vance it seemed like the rut typically happened mid- to late-November with Thanksgiving being the peak.

Comment

I'm about 4 miles south of Garvens on hwy83. Was out there last two weekends in a row and they were chasing hard. Can't be there this weekend but, I think your timing is still good. Good luck to y'all!

Comment

Working...
        X