Does anyone else shoot bare fingered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else shoot bare fingered?

I have to admit i really enjoy traditional archery, but the problem is i have to shoot bare fingered to get decent groups, i shoot 3 fingers under and strictly gap, although at closer ranges i dont notice me looking at the arrow as much. the problem is for the life of me i cant feel my middle finger to the corner of my mouth with a tab glove ive tried all styles small medium and large to no avail i cannot get consistent because i cant feel my middle finger touching my mouth any advice will be appreciated. Maybe a different anchor point??? ive had around 16 kills nothing farther then 15 yards but when it comes to targets and using gloves tabs lets say nothing to brag about as many years as ive been doing it i should be a whole lot better and should be able to use a tab or glove by now

My friend Tom shoots bare fingered and has for 40 years. His three pulling fingers look horrible too. The corner of the mouth is not really a good anchor unless your on a tooth or some thing. The skin can move too much to work well.

I anchor with my pointer finger knuckle on my cheek bone and the thumb knuckle behind my jaw for a draw check. My fingers don't even touch my face. This works for me and has kept my moustache even as well.

Comment

Thanks Mr Draco ill try that

Comment

FourFeathers on here has shot bare fingers 3 under for many many years.

Your anchor points depend on your face structure. Use whatever works for you. Get a low poundage bow and play around til you find something comfortable to you.

Comment

I shoot bare fingered when hunting.

Comment

I have baseball mitts for hands. One day I misplaced my glove and a friend said all I have is a med tab, I said well let me try that, or I'll have to shoot bare fingers.

The tad was way small, like to have never gotten my finger in the hole, more less hoping it'd cover my fingers. and WOW what a shock! It was like shooting bare fingers, I could feel the K-9 tooth, and still the string was covering my fingers, I do a deep hook too

The only modification I've made is the making the finger hole larger.Us a tab 1-2 sizes smaller, then id the smallest don't cover then go up one size and trim the middle finger with scissors with a small dip till you feel the tip of your finger.

One of the best mistakes I've made in a long time. now I shoot a single piece of leather.

There is a compromise out there for you. keep trying, you'll get it.

Comment

If you use a tab that is trimmed to the corrct size, I don't see how you could not feel your finger the same as bare fingered.

Good luck figuring it all out.

Bisch

Comment

If you want to start conditioning your fingers, go to Academy and get one of those cheap, yellow shooting gloves. By the time it wears through (which won't be long) you should be well on your way.

Comment

I can shoot bare fingered for a shot or three but then it starts to hurt. I'm just comfortable know If I lose my tab during a hunt I can get off a shot without worrying about it.

If you do go bare fingers, let us know how it works out. I'm curious how you'll like it. Sounds cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X